Bank Holiday Weekend

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

So what have (or had) you all got planned for the long weekend?

We are planning a run down the tidal Trent, anchor at Trent Falls to wait for the tide, then a quick sprint up the Ouse to Goole and Ocean Lock before a short 6 mile jaunt to Pollington for a curry on Saturday.

On Sunday we will have more time to kill on the tidal stretch so we will be leaving Goole early morning and having a quick run down to the Humber Bridge before again anchoring at Trent Falls to wait for the tide to catch us up and give us a push up the Trent to Torksey where all being well we will be back just in time for a steak pie at the White Swan.

Monday rounds off the trip, locking in at Torksey mid morning with a gentle cruise along the ditch and back to the marina, with maybe a few drinks at the Pyewipe if the weather has stayed dry. :cheers:

All of this is weather and water dependant of course and rather reliant on the Trent being at a level where we can get out of Torksey Lock and the marina flood gates still being open.

We may bump into you again - we are heading towards Barnby Dun from Friday with daughter and her boyfriend as crew. He wants to have a play with all the big lift and swing bridges on the NJC... :cheers:

We are just hoping to get back to our marina in Sawley. Hopefully flood gates will be open by Saturday and then I can get to Claymills Victorian Steam Pumping Station in Stretton near Burton on Trent where we are in steam over the weekend!

Was that an advert?

The plan is to potter up above Banbury, the Red Lion at Cropredy sounds about right.

The decider is the air draught at Nell Bridge (hence my recent topic).

Going down on to the Thames is probably not a great idea (although I had a nice potter down river in the good ship Bones yesterday evening)

I hope you have a good weeekend Phylis

I am down an engine 'ole for two days, then cavalcade on monday

Hi ho.. got to pay for last weekends boating :)

Chris-B

Oh believe me I AM going to have a good weekend :cheers:

Oh believe me I AM going to have a good weekend :cheers:

In fairness my plan is:

Thurday eve: The Boat Inn, Thrupp

Friday eve': The Great Western, Aynho

Saturday eve': The Red Lion, Cropredy

Sunday eve': back to Aynho

Monday eve': home to Thrupp

:cheers:

...... or I could finish of fitting out the kitchen, but pubs do food

:captain:

In fairness my plan is:

Thurday eve: The Boat Inn, Thrupp

Friday eve': The Great Western, Aynho

Saturday eve': The Red Lion, Cropredy

Sunday eve': back to Aynho

Monday eve': home to Thrupp

:cheers:

...... or I could finish of fitting out the kitchen, but pubs do food

:captain:

Friday evening - The White Swan, Torksey

Saturday evening - Simply Indian, Pollington

Sunday evening - The White Swan, Torksey

Monday evening - The Sun Inn, Saxilby & The Pyewipe, Lincoln

Tuesday morning - :sick:

Me and the missus should be taking a hire boat from Braunston. Not sure where we'll be heading yet but if it's possible I'd like to go towards Blisworth or even as far as Stoke Bruerne. That is presuming the wife gets cover for her shifts at work (she had cover but now she doesn't .. long story! :smiley_offtopic: ). If not It'll be me, the baby and whoever else I can rope into joining me!

So what have (or had) you all got planned for the long weekend?

We are planning a run down the tidal Trent, anchor at Trent Falls to wait for the tide, then a quick sprint up the Ouse to Goole and Ocean Lock before a short 6 mile jaunt to Pollington for a curry on Saturday.

On Sunday we will have more time to kill on the tidal stretch so we will be leaving Goole early morning and having a quick run down to the Humber Bridge before again anchoring at Trent Falls to wait for the tide to catch us up and give us a push up the Trent to Torksey where all being well we will be back just in time for a steak pie at the White Swan.

Monday rounds off the trip, locking in at Torksey mid morning with a gentle cruise along the ditch and back to the marina, with maybe a few drinks at the Pyewipe if the weather has stayed dry. :cheers:

All of this is weather and water dependant of course and rather reliant on the Trent being at a level where we can get out of Torksey Lock and the marina flood gates still being open.

I am working so pleeeeeeese dont play chicken with me at Holme or Stoke locks on the Trent :cheers:

Tim

Me and the missus should be taking a hire boat from Braunston. Not sure where we'll be heading yet but if it's possible I'd like to go towards Blisworth or even as far as Stoke Bruerne. That is presuming the wife gets cover for her shifts at work (she had cover but now she doesn't .. long story! :smiley_offtopic: ). If not It'll be me, the baby and whoever else I can rope into joining me!

Just checking that you are aware of the restrictions on Braunston, Long Buckby and Stoke Bruerne locks.

Because of those restrictions we will be heading from Calcutt to Hawkesbury.

Just checking that you are aware of the restrictions on Braunston, Long Buckby and Stoke Bruerne locks.

Yup, that's why I'm not too hopeful about reaching Stoke Bruerne, or even Blisworth.

Having said that I may change the plans completely and go the opposite direction.

Yeah.....dont forget theres no water anywhere :lol:

Tim

I am working so pleeeeeeese dont play chicken with me at Holme or Stoke locks on the Trent :cheers:

Tim

We are going in completely the opposite direction.

Are you sure you are safe to navigate that thing? :lol:

Tugfest at the BCLM with MB on Reginald! (And lots of alcohol too, whether it warrants it or not. :D )

Yes,

The Tug Event at the Black Country Museum is the venue of choice this weekend, and Sickle is already there waiting for us.

I sincerely hope the weather is better than when we delivered her there, though, or it could be the non-event of the year!

Tugfest at the BCLM with MB on Reginald! (And lots of alcohol too, whether it warrants it or not. :D )

We'll be there (by car) probably on Sunday. Shall we see you then? (Pity I can't bring the cat.)

Yes Chertsey, defo! Is a shame about the cat, I will be having cat withdrawals by then lol.

Finally stopped raining today, which is as well as the washing I had piled up was monumental and is now drying all over the inside and the outside of the boat in preparation.

If it's hacking it down with rain, well at least Reg doesn't leak through half his windows like Springy does, so I'll be happy. :D

Oh how I wish I was going to be out on the cut. Originally that's where we'd have been, but now it'll be at home trying to persuade one bouncy little dog that (1) his stitches are NOT playthings and (2) when the vet said he wasn't to use his leg for 6 weeks he didn't include any exemptions for jumping at the door, running round the garden, bouncing up and down in the kitchen while his dish is being filled, or anything else at all.