Has anyone seen that woman and her horse drawn narrow boat.

leeco

Featured Posts

She was going through Mossley on the HNC with a different boat two days ago!

horsedrawn02.jpg

Incidentally, the horse was having to do some towing from the offside here as the towpath is closed because of a collapsed wall (as you can see).

Edited to add:

P.S. Horsedrawn boats don't have engines! :)

Edited by MartinClark

She was going through Mossley on the HNC with a different boat two days ago!

horsedrawn02.jpg

Incidentally, the horse was having to do some towing from the offside here as the towpath is closed because of a collapsed wall (as you can see).

Edited to add:

P.S. Horsedrawn boats don't have engines! :)

Was it Sue?

It certainly looks like Elland in the HNC photies...

It was Maria on the HNC, and Elland on the L&L, taking a snatch from a motor in that photo, it would seem.

The lady in question is indeed Sue Day, the horse is Bilbo and the boats are crewed by members of the Horseboating Society. I was only doing a bit of lock wheeling for Maria on Tuesday.

That looks like Rodley (or just west of)

I had heard that Sue was visiting the L&L but was at war with BW over the anti-motorcycle gates.

Yes it is and I think they had keys for the gates. I might get a horse for my boat and get all the gate keys.

That looks like Rodley (or just west of)

I had heard that Sue was visiting the L&L but was at war with BW over the anti-motorcycle gates.

I sympathise....they are useless at stopping the twerps using monkey bikes as they just lift them over...try lifting a horse over one or passing a horse through one.

Her protestations will no doubt need to go through multiple committee levels by which time we'll all will have passed on.

Surprised there was any room from recent err discussions .............. :blush:

She was at the end of the leisure moorings for a bit. It's only weekends and especially certain weekends when CD gets full. (the busiest I've seen it is when there was around 14 visitor boats here - it was a bank holiday weekend)

I understood they were opened with Radar keys. I will try mune in the next one I see

The one I opened for them, has a big chain and padlock, but you can simply just lift the chain off the post.

I won't be telling the anoying t***s on the little motorbikes that though.

;)

She was moored in Clarence Dock last week.

I was lucky enough to arrive in Leeds just in time on Wednesday to see Sue, Bilbo and boats in Leeds lock by Clarence Dock. I stood and watched until I got soaked through. The Aire was running quite swiftly so I'm pleased they got away on the L&L before the river was closed for flooding.

D

The gates on the Huddersfield are opened with Leeds and Liverpool handcuff keys.

Most of the gates I have seen in my travels have been opened permanently with angle grinders:-(

George ex nb Alton retired

Edited by furnessvale