"Hoy mate big rod, small dick..????."

Featured Posts

Big deal...

Sorry - you just don't get it Chagall do you?

Yeah he lifted his pole, if he hadn't it would now be in several pieces..they often leave it to the last second as allegedly fish swim ahead of boats. :rolleyes:

The point is the number of times we have said 'thanks' 'cheers' to Fisherpeople for lifting their pole and saving them a fortune in replacement costs and got nowt more than a grunt back are now immeasurable, oh and why do they need to fish so close to a lock landing anyway??

don't patronise me, I understand it plenty, its his choice to risk his fishing rod, why should he be grateful to you for your thanks, my comment was that it wasn't neccessary to shout obscenities just because he doesn't acknowledge your condescending thanks. You can float your boat wherever you like he can fish wherever he likes and he doesn't have to answer to you.

don't patronise me, I understand it plenty, its his choice to risk his fishing rod, why should he be grateful to you for your thanks, my comment was that it wasn't neccessary to shout obscenities just because he doesn't acknowledge your condescending thanks. You can float your boat wherever you like he can fish wherever he likes and he doesn't have to answer to you.

You're a misserable fisherman with a small willy, arn't you?

Edited by Gazboatman

I'm patronising no one...

as for 'condescending thanks' how on earth have you made that call?

You summarise their attitude nicely though.

Yes they think they can fish where they like despite how much inconvenience it might cause a boater approaching a lock.

stuff 'em I'm fishing here despite an equally good place being 50 yards up the cut. :rolleyes:

Pathetic.

You're a misserable fisherman with a small willy, arn't you?

and thats not what you wrote first is it, you just had to edit and add the "small willy"

pathetic indeed Martin?

Adult men resorting to childish insults.

Inevitable.

and thats not what you wrote first is it, you just had to edit and add the "small willy"

pathetic indeed Martin?

Adult men resorting to childish insults.

Inevitable.

confused as to who is posting what Chagal?

Inevitable.

confused as to who is posting what Chagal?

Inevitable.

No Im not confused, are you? the first line was to gazboatman as a reply to his childish post,

the second line was a question to you since it had your name...

the third and fourth line was to both of you since you both read it.

and Im bored of your silly games now.

Good Night.

No Im not confused, are you? the first line was to gazboatman as a reply to his childish post,

the second line was a question to you since it had your name...

the third and fourth line was to both of you since you both read it.

and Im bored of your silly games now.

Good Night.

The forum software allows the ability to quote and respond to specific posts and posters.

It's really not hard to work out how to do it and it avoids posters accusing others of playing silly games, which I wasn't but as you are tucked up now it won't matter.

I'm not here often and quite a newbie but I really like some of these topics

They make me laugh

Not the initial poster i might add

I mean the ones that take life too seriously

We all have different views on life. We just need to learn how to live with those opposing views

Mean while

keep it up

I need to smile on a dailly basis

• Greenie 2

I never thank a fisherman for getting his expensive hobby kit out of the way of my expensive hobby kit. We both know who would lose the tussle if he'd left it horizontal.

Nor do I greet him with a cheery smile and wave.

If we should glance at each other, at the same time, then he will be treated to a nod, acknowledging his existence and, if he should feel inclined, he may nod back or even speak...his choice...and I may respond...my choice.

He is of course free to keep his head down, avoiding any social interchange whatsoever just as am I free to keep eyes ahead, if I'm not feeling sociable that day.

I suppose that makes me an inconsiderate boater...Hey Ho!

• Greenie 4

I never thank a fisherman for getting his expensive hobby kit out of the way of my expensive hobby kit. We both know who would lose the tussle if he'd left it horizontal.

If we should glance at each other, at the same time, then he will be treated to a nod, acknowledging his existence and, if he should feel inclined, he may nod back or even speak...his choice...and I may respond...my choice.

He is of course free to keep his head down, avoiding any social interchange whatsoever just as am I free to keep eyes ahead, if I'm not feeling sociable that day.

I suppose I will have to follow suit - but it feels a bit like your giving them something for them to castigate boaters for' - "Do you know I lifted my pole for 10 boats today and not one of them said thanks mate"

- The lack of responses over the years have finally ground me down into conceding this I think.

My penis extension is about 57'. Though according to many women it should probably be a widebeam.

Is that why under your avatar it says "Junior member", while others have a much more macho description?

Not at all, that is more or less the position I take nowadays as well, the only exception being youngsters who are usually quite friendly and chatty. But they don't have all that expensive gear either!!

I was once about the middle of a convoy of 20 boats being moved from Stockton Top to Braunston in the days of the OwnerShips show. It was early Feb and sleeting, horrible weather for single handing or anything else. Near where Ventnor Farm is now, there was a single angler, hunched over his gear, waiting for us all to go by.

I shouted to him "Sorry, I'm only the halfway mark. Grotty weather, isn't it?"

He looked at me thoughtfully and said "You've not met the wife, have you?"

blink.gif

Edited for typo.

Edited by BruceinSanity

I like my approach. Depending on how much of a mischevious mood I'm in, I eye up the prospective candidate first to see how unlikely a response is. Then, as I pass I will shout a greeting of somekind, like "ello mate, how you doin', or how's the wife?" Loud enough for it not to be ignored. Kind of forces a reply of some sort followed by a bemused look as if they should know me. If there's no respnse, I'll usually try it a little louder! A kind wave as we pass by usually adds to their confusion. Just to add, it doesn't work through matches.

Keeps me amused.

My particular favourite was at the winding hole south of Nantwich. A portly pair in electric mobility chairs were fishing right slap bang in the middle. As I got ready to turn the male shouted to me "oi, isn't it wide enough mate". I said yes, quite, that's because it's where we turn the boats! I was slightly distracted so had to turn a bit quicker than anticipated with a lot more throttle on than usual. I'm not sure of how much of my wake they got to suck!

They didn't respond to my fond farewells.

I was once about the middle of a convoy of 20 boats being moved from Stockton Top to Braunston in the days of the OwnerShips show. It was early Feb and sleeting, horrible weather for single handing or anything else. Near where Ventnor Farm is now, there was a single angler, hunched over his gear, waiting for us all to go by.

I shouted to him "Sorry, I'm only the halfway mark. Grotty weather, isn't it?"

He looked at me thoughtfully and said "You've not met the wife, have you?"

blink.gif

Edited for typo.

My Amusing fisherman story -

Being a fisherman myself I asked the dour faced old fisherman how he was doing, he said -

'Not very good and I'm taking this bloody float back, It keeps fecking sinking!'

Brilliant - made my day.

Alex

I thought it was the "closed season" ? ,or don't they have that anymore ?

Nah miserable bastards are fair game every say of the year.

Yesterday we passed through a match going past Adlington. The entire length of the visitor mooring was unavailable due to the maggot danglers all of whom were busily engaged in seeing who could get their floats within millimetres of the moored boats opposite.

As there was a boat approaching from the other direction Bev stayed over to the right to be met by one of them gesticulating to come closer to the towpath. Apparently he felt that we should make life difficult for ourselves so that he could have it all his own way.

As we passed he screamed at Bev that she had stirred up all the fish and that he was fishing there. Bev put her into reverse and said "sorry didn't catch that" at which point he screamed "I was ******** fishing there". Bev just said "that must be nice for you" and put her back into gear.

Classic!

Sorry about the removal, folks:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, speculative,, inaccurate, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Nick