Aftersale Issues

JamesLeeds

Featured Posts

Nina - to get banned on here - really takes some doing, and as offensive as you think you might have been it's no where near enough, the mods on here are ubertolerant...

so I suggest you wind your neck in, step away from the PC wack the kettle on and come back in the morning...

There you go again....you are possibly the most offensive poster on here or on any other forum I'm a member of...

The best option is to IGNORE as all that is happening, is that ( sadly) a very interesting thread has now gone :smiley_offtopic: The ignore facility is really the best option in this case :) Do not get cross folks get even - just simply ignore her :)

• Greenie 1

Oh golly gosh, what a jolly trouper art thou? If I feel like coming back and gracing the forum, I will duly notify thee. Until then, keep your views to yourself and allow me to be the judge of whether I choose to post on here again. I am sorely tempted to go and seek more stimulating pastures.

Probably best you go then as to be honest I could spit alphabeti spagetti at my screen and it would read better than the rubbish you spout.

• Greenie 1

Sod off. I honestly feel I can say this. I don;t believe the moderators will care. Take your over inflated opinion of who you really are into the oblivion. I have learned that if there are such things as moderakeors (can't even spell it)I will have been duly eradicated by tomorrow morning in which case I can't respond to your banal replies.

Well, thanks for an entertaining evening Nina.

But don't take too much notice of these naughty people on here - The wrong people can be right and the right people can be

wrong (whatever that might mean).

Now, in view of your great obvious legal expertise, I wonder if you would be kind enough to help me with some advice?

I got my wife a bunch of flowers about three weeks ago and I've just noticed they have gone and died already.

Not just tired or droopy, but actually expired, deceased, mortified, croaked - in short, dead as a parrot.

The thing is, can I write to the supplier and demand my money back for goods that are no longer fit for purpose?

And could I sue them for goods with a "Latent Defect" if they don't respond? Have I got 28 days to claim or is it more for

living (well, ex-living) goods?

I would really appreciate any help you can offer.

Incidently, the people whose garden I nicked them from are a right bolshie lot, so we had better get this right! :unsure:

My post was in response to Jelungas.

The contract was between the buyer and the broker. The seller doesn't have a problem at this stage unless the broker sustains a loss if the buyer pursues a case.Jelunga stated the Sales of Goods Act doesn't cover privates sales. It does which is why I responded.

The contract is between the buyer and the broker not the seller. Even so, if the broker can ascertain that the seller mislead him, he could be liable. The law creates it's own rules.

Well I have just read this and I think it is very relevant to the seller.Good piece of common sense.Ta.

Idiot. Everyone knows your flowers die if you don't keep them in water. Next!

Ahhh - such divine wisdom - just goes to show what legal training can do for you, but . . . . . . .

My hamster's not in water and that hasn't died.

Edited by Rebotco

There is no further action listed:

"I therefore look to you to assist me by accepting the enclosed costing and I look

forward to receiving your cheque in payment of this account by return, or your firm written undertaking to have the repairs as listed undertaken and completed to my satisfaction by a professional yard of your own choice. Alternatively, of course, you could refund the full amount of money paid to you for the purchase"

"Whichever of the above options you choose; I will require you to inform me in writing of your choice within 5 days of the date of this letter"

Hi all

Dont reply at all you are not in the wrong.

or even ask him what might happen in 5 days,because it sounds like a threat.

Arge.

Hi all

Dont reply at all you are not in the wrong.

or even ask him what might happen in 5 days,because it sounds like a threat.

Arge.

And now having read all the thread, fully entertained, thank you alll Arge.

Although I think that the legal notes which Nina posted were too exhaustive, I do prefer people to spell it out rather than just giving a web site link - which sometimes does not work. The latter course of action could be construed as lazy, and can certainly be irritating: you see an interesting new topic title, enter the topic to see what it's about, and are confronted by a web page reference and nothing else.

Although I think that the legal notes which Nina posted were too exhaustive, I do prefer people to spell it out rather than just giving a web site link - which sometimes does not work. The latter course of action could be construed as lazy, and can certainly be irritating: you see an interesting new topic title, enter the topic to see what it's about, and are confronted by a web page reference and nothing else.

That is certainly interesting. For me, I prefer to see a link to the source page, and a quote, in a quote box, of the relevant portion of the web page

For example:

Source website

You got THAT right!!!

Honourary woman? - bloody cheek!!!

I did the stillies thing for a laugh, playing your game, and look at you lot now - TCHAH

You can push a bloke too far you know

Bazza tosses his head and turns to sulk

And if anyone says when I sulk I do it prettily I shall be really really cross!

OOOOOoooooooh! You are just so CUTE when you're mad!

You flounce so well!

Janet

Richard

MORE: Damn, I seem to be developing Carlt's commas

Edited by RLWP

If you agree to buy something from the person who makes the offer to sell, you agree to the the terms of sale. Old law 'invitation to treat'. It means you see an invitation to buy goods that look inviting to you. Once you've paid, you're in a contract with the person who made the contract because you decided to buy. If you don;t like what you bought or find fault with it, it's upto you to prove the fault against the Sales of Goods & Services Act with the seller.

We deal with a lot of it after Christmas when people try to return Christmas presents so they can have a cash refund. The problem is, if their goods did not meet their description, did not serve their purpose, or were faulty, they are not entitled to a refund.

The same applies to the boat seller except a broker was involved so it depends on what the broker said were the assets of the boat in order to sell it.

Your experience is clearly within the commercial retail field where all the requirememnts of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 apply. However, the "fit for purpose" and "of satisfactory quality" requirements within the Act do not apply to second hand goods sold privately unless the buyer can demonstrate that the seller wilfully misled the buyer, failed to point out any known defects, or did not answer any question about the goods honestly.

In the case under discussion the general consensus is that the sale was a private one between two individuals, albeit brokered by a third party, and therefore the two requirements already referred to do not apply. If it could be demonstarted that the sale was by the Broker, the requirements do apply. To Date, I have yet to see any evidence to demonstrate that it was anything other than a private sale and therefore the specific requirements under discussion do not apply.

Edited by David Schweizer

That is certainly interesting. For me, I prefer to see a link to the source page, and a quote, in a quote box, of the relevant portion of the web page

For example:

Source website

Richard

Richard you are a Naughty NAUGHTY boy

Am I that bad?

I get very frustrated with people who write huge long sentences with no spaces, punctuation or line breaks between paragraphs.

The only person on my ignore list is someone who, I'm sure, is a lovely person but I'll never know because the way they 'shape' their posts is so irritating.

I may well go to the other extreme but at least, I think, my posts are easier to read (despite their content).