apologies

sorry

Featured Posts

Those posts precede her apology by around three weeks - so that changes nothing as everything I said still stands so I'm not sure why you went to all the that trouble....

and as for the rather sad bit you've just added, no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Edited by MJG

Not comfortable :lol: lets see what happens if she is still there or moves to not cause an obstruction, I take my hat off to the member and members of the Forum who have brought it to everyone's attention as it doe's seam to be a problem with boats passing through that lock

"Not comfortable" - a polite way way of saying 'bloody fed up' but then your laugh out loud smilie is probably a good indication of how you view politeness as evidenced by your willingness to continue your negative view of the OPs intentions.

I have a picture of a grumpy old git rubbing his hands with glee, tutting mightily with self righteous indignation and heartily looking forward to more opportunities to condemn

Go to it lad, if it makes you happy

Sorry seams to make it all right, maybe you should read your previous posts on this matter :lol:

Quite right.

An apology on its own is meaningless but an apology, along with an assurance that the situation will be rectified is more worthy.

Perhaps, if the boat is still there, after the New Year, you can come back an gloat.

Until then I'd take the apology and promise to move at face value, and welcome a new member.

Edited by carlt

Mickeyduff. I've reported your post as unnecessary and offensive. There's no need to post in such a manner.

An apology and promise to correct a situation has been offered; that's an acknowledgement and requires courage. Posting as you did shows no grace.

If you know the area well, why not offer to help rather than condemn. People come to the cut for all sorts of reasons and not always for the pure love of the waterways. You shouldn't need to gain a certificate of all encompassing knowledge before you tread on a boat. Often us mere mortals learn as we go. Probably you did too.

Edited by wrigglefingers

Quite right.

An apology on its own is meaningless but an apology, along with an assurance that the situation will be rectified is more worthy.

Perhaps, if the boat is still there, after the New Year, you can come back an gloat.

Until then I'd take the apology and promise to move at face value, and welcome a new member.

This situation will have no effect on me or the majority of people posting on this topic, but as you say it will be interesting to see what effect this has on the owner and will she aquire a mooring to accomodate her new lifestyle, or even move off the lock mooring for the time being, locals please let us know

Mickeyduff. I've reported your post as unnecessary and offensive. There's no need to post in manner.

An apology and promise to correct a situation has been offered; that's an acknowledgement and requires courage. Posting as you did shows no grace.

If you know the area well, why not offer to help rather than condemn. People come to the cut for all sorts of reasons and not always for the pure love of the waterways. You shouldn't need to gain a certificate of all encompassing knowledge before you tread on a boat. Often us mere mortals learn as we go. Probably you did too.

Thank's just go's to show that people take these forums too seriously, dosn't take the brains of a Bishop to know you don't moor on lock mooring 24/7 especially on a busy canal

Mickeyduff. I've reported your post as unnecessary and offensive. There's no need to post in manner.

I don't think Mickeyduffs remarks really warranted reporting Wriggle as there seems still to be mixed feelings over the parking of Sorry's boat Zoe,although Mickeyduff does need to tone it down a bit and state his case a little more diplomatically and politely.

As Carl has pointed out lets all put it on hold and see what happens.

• Greenie 1

"Not comfortable" - a polite way way of saying 'bloody fed up' but then your laugh out loud smilie is probably a good indication of how you view politeness as evidenced by your willingness to continue your negative view of the OPs intentions.

I have a picture of a grumpy old git rubbing his hands with glee, tutting mightily with self righteous indignation and heartily looking forward to more opportunities to condemn

Go to it lad, if it makes you happy

q/quote]

far from grumpy not as old as yourself and have a laugh every day as don't take things seriously and have little to worry about, don't condemn as life's too short to let things like this bother me even when out on the boats, then again I wouldn't condone just for the sake of an apology :) sorry for the :lol:

Edited by mickeyduff

I don't think Mickeyduffs remarks really warranted reporting Wriggle as there seems still to be mixed feelings over the parking of Sorry's boat Zoe,although Mickeyduff does need to tone it down a bit and state his case a little more diplomatically and politely.

nice to see a member that lives in the real world :cheers:

It was the remarks about the placement of 'sympathy' in dictionary I object to Bizzard. Differences of opinion are fine - it's the immoderate and offensive tone and use of language I dislike. I don't expect this forum to be dull and us all to agree; that would be unnatural. I do think there's a place for civility and consideration.

• Greenie 1

It was the remarks about the placement of 'sympathy' in dictionary I object to Bizzard. Differences of opinion are fine - it's the immoderate and offensive tone and use of language I dislike. I don't expect this forum to be dull and us all to agree; that would be unnatural. I do think there's a place for civility and consideration.

Quite so, :mellow:

maybe you need a thicker skin if you let things like this offend you so much, maybe you should read the very first post by the Thread starter "Sorry" and spot the word relating to female genitalia which I thought as a female you would find more offensive.

Edited by mickeyduff

My apologies to everyone. I did not realise I was causing such an inconvenience...ignorance maybe. Yes I am still learning the ropes and sometimes get it wrong, just a tap on the shoulder and being told that I am being a pain would have been enough of a lesson. I have chatted to many boaters going through the lock and not once was I informed that my presence was causing difficulty, but of course I am now aware that I have been a total twat and will of course move within the next few days. I have had personal reason for remaining in the area and BWA are aware of these. I am now in the position to be able to move and am hoping to start cruising on a more regular basis, which, believe it or not is what I am looking forward to doing. My apologies again to you all, and I sincerely mean that, but please remember, new people to the canal can learn a lot more from the old, please let us know if we are doing wrong.

Oh and I have been looking for a mooring for a year now so if anyone knows of one between Hemel and Uxbridge I would love to hear from you.

My apologies

Thought I would put it a bit closer for you to read and spot wrigglefingers

Edited by mickeyduff

Mickeyduff. I've reported your post as unnecessary and offensive. There's no need to post in such a manner.

wow wrigglefingers you might have a busy 2012 if you set yourself up as the judge of what you deem to be unnecessary and offensive. Mickeyduff was expressing an opinion based on what he had researched, can not see what is wrong with that.

wow wrigglefingers you might have a busy 2012 if you set yourself up as the judge of what you deem to be unnecessary and offensive. Mickeyduff was expressing an opinion based on what he had researched, can not see what is wrong with that.

I think it was the sympathy thing that upset her, it has now however been removed by the moderator. If people take the time to read all the threads,posts and the magazine article attachment about this boat they will see that most of what I have an opinion on is quite true.

Edited by mickeyduff

I think it was the sympathy thing that upset her, it has now however been removed by the moderator. If people take the time to read all the threads,posts and the magazine article attachment about this boat they will see that most of what I have an opinion on is quite true.

OK MD - shall we take 'sorry' out and have her publicly flogged - will that satisfy you?? and stop you wittering on??

Well I raised the original objection to where the boat had now ended up on the lock landing, and I still think that was a reasonable complaint, (but not people piggy-backing off that anything that goes as far as suggesting it is OK to damage the boat!....)

I was happy to accept the apology from "Sorry" as genuine, even if a little surprised that after owning a boat for that long, it wasn't fairly obvious it was in the way.

As others have said, if "Sorry" has learnt from the experience, and now considers more carefully where she moors the boat, then I really see no need for anybody to keep lambasting her.

Actually I am more disappointed in British Waterways, as boat checkers walk these areas frequently, and it would seem far more appropriate to me that they add some value to their job by trying to get boats causing an obstruction moved on. They can reasonably leave a notice on an unattended boat, for instance, and with some authority.

As "Sorry" has said she wants a permanent mooring between Hemel and Uxbridge, I would be interested if she ever investigated those ones I detailed recently advertised in Uxbridge, and got as far as ruling them out for some reason. If they were of any interest, I personally wouldn't wait for BW to decide how quickly they intend to re-advertise them or not, (they can be fairly tardy on that point!....)

I would say, if interested, contact Belinda Phillips direct.....

Belinda Phillips - Tel: 07717 581215

Email: Belinda.Phillips@britishwaterways.co.uk

and tell her if she gets them re-advertised, she will find herself a bidder. If no other interest has come up in the meantime, you should get what is a pretty cheap mooring, for the boat size and the area.

Edited by alan_fincher

OK MD - shall we take 'sorry' out and have her publicly flogged - will that satisfy you?? and stop you wittering on??

agree with martin and how many times has she got to say sorry ? some of you on here just have to keep on nit picking on someones post dissecting every word.get a life

happy new year to ya all :cheers:

waggers/clive

Well I raised the original objection to where the boat had now ended up on the lock landing, and I still think that was a reasonable complaint, (but not people piggy-backing off that anything that goes as far as suggesting it is OK to damage the boat!....)

I was happy to accept the apology from "Sorry" as genuine, even if a little surprised that after owning a boat for that long, it wasn't fairly obvious it was in the way.

As others have said, if "Sorry" has learnt from the experience, and now considers more carefully where she moors the boat, then I really see no need for anybody to keep lambasting her.

Actually I am more disappointed in British Waterways, as boat checkers walk these areas frequently, and it would seem far more appropriate to me that they add some value to their job by trying to get boats causing an obstruction moved on. They can reasonably leave a notice on an unattended boat, for instance, and with some authority.

As "Sorry" has said she wants a permanent mooring between Hemel and Uxbridge, I would be interested if she ever investigated those ones I detailed recently advertised in Uxbridge, and got as far as ruling them out for some reason. If they were of any interest, I personally wouldn't wait for BW to decide how quickly they intend to re-advertise them or not, (they can be fairly tardy on that point!....)

and tell her if she gets them re-advertised, she will find herself a bidder. If no other interest has come up in the meantime, you should get what is a pretty cheap mooring, for the boat size and the area.

Hi Alan

Please let us know if the boat move's, I doubt it will and as I say another female dreamer on the waterway's with more money then sense "hey babe you look good behind the tiller for the photo shoot" you'll never CC, anther dreamer on the Southern network, thank F*ck for the Leicester narrow

Edited by mickeyduff

ame='alan_fincher' timestamp='1325270155' post='802807']

Hi Alan

Please let us know if the boat move's, I doubt it will and as I say another female dreamer on the waterway's with more money then sense "hey babe you look good behind the tiller for the photo shoot" you'll never CC, anther dreamer on the Southern network, thank F*ck for the Leicester narror

Hi Alan

Please let us know if the boat move's, I doubt it will and as I say another female dreamer on the waterway's with more money then sense "hey babe you look good behind the tiller for the photo shoot" you'll never CC, anther dreamer on the Southern network, thank F*ck for the Leicester narror

Steady on old chap,this sounds like a spot of Dutch courage.

Hi Alan

why do people say this like it's a bad thing? surely it's better than the alternative

as for the rest of your post; how very mean spirited.

and whats being female got to do with it?

• Greenie 1

Are you for real?! Really though, Are the comparatively small proportion of us 'female dreamers' actually the source of all evils on the cut... Cos surely everyone knows that male boaters never do anything stupid/ thoughtless/ inconvenient/ make rookie mistakes/ don't understand when they first start out/ add your own...

Thank God us little women have people like you around to put us in our place and send us back to the bricks and mortar kitchen sinks and out of the way of you serious boy boaters who know better...

yorkie.jpg

Sorry, just keep the "dreamer's" with the wide boat's down South, nothing against real boater's with narrow's, your more then welcome up North

why do people say this like it's a bad thing? surely it's better than the alternative

as for the rest of your post; how very mean spirited.

and whats being female got to do with it?

hope your not blonde, as I've enough of female dreamer's, would rather have a common sense brunette with a springer then a blonde with a widebeam.

I like being a dreamer :) plus I would love more money and sense, opps!! and I am a woman whahayyyyyyyyyyy.... it does not matter if you are male or female, non of us are perfect( well I am on a good day ;) and we were all 'newbies' once ( I still am ).

So the OP made a mistake and she has apologised. Isnt it much nicer if we all just help each other out, it isnt really that hard to do. I just hope that as a newbie ( have lived on a boat, many years ago :) folk will be as nice to me as I am to them.

Btw off topic, but wish you all a happy,peaceful and joyful 2012 adn may all your dreams come true :) and being nice to folk costs nowt and it makes you feel good :)

• Greenie 2