I think I've had enough now.

Sir Nibble

Featured Posts

There is no way in the world I'm going to do the drama queen flounce, I'm going nowhere (Aaaaaaw). I have pretty well given up with electrical threads now, partly because in Gibbos absence there is too much tripe that I cannot be arsed to take issue with, but mainly because it's so often like shouting into a vacuum. Problem raised, advice given, never ever hear about it again, no feedback nothing. Then there is the sudden and prolonged epidemic of mad troll disease which has gone from demanding a test prosecution of a mooring holder for not making a continuous and progressive journey :banghead: through compliants about bridge hoppers drawing attention to the OPs bridge hopping then threats of physical violence against a member who does not see fit to play host to any ill trained mutt that fancies joining him aboard his boat and now "LOL" it seems is the hight of debate. This place is just nowhere near as much fun as it used to be and the standard of debate has been dragged down by people who may or may not be intellectual molluscs but whose real sin is simply not to engage with the forum in good faith. It feels less and less like engaging with like minded folk and more and more like necromancy.

Rant over, time for my medication.

• Greenie 3

As my attempt at a bit of reasoned discussion, on the petition thread, seems to have killed it stone dead, I might have to agree.

I'm pretty sick of trying to have a discussion only to have some troll pipe up "Oh look! Here's Carlt along to bully everybody."

I have as much right to contribute as anyone else but it is impossible when there are people here who seem intent on hijacking every thread I post on.

• Greenie 3

People only attack your spelling when they're run out of arguments. Some people do it straight away, which shows the depth of their thinking pretty well tbh.

yeah and gwamma cos they aint got nowt better to say and too much time to say it............its totaly irelevant......... :wacko: ooo i ope i schpelt that alll reet

As my attempt at a bit of reasoned discussion, on the petition thread, seems to have killed it stone dead, I might have to agree.

I'm pretty sick of trying to have a discussion only to have some troll pipe up "Oh look! Here's Carlt along to bully everybody."

I have as much right to contribute as anyone else but it is impossible when there are people here who seem intent on hijacking every thread I post on.

I do feel left out of it,no-one has ever tried to "bully" me,not even the dragon/tiger man himself!

come to think of it,i have not noticed anyone doing any bullying,i do hear some bolleaux uttered,often from me! :cheers:

My experience has been that there is a core of regular posters on here who have a tendency, possibly unwittingly, to generally put down, criticise, round upon, attack, belittle or overwhelm anyone who's not part of the clique, and then act all hurt and self righteous when it leads to people withdrawing from debate on the grounds that they were simply exercising their right to have an alternative opinion. If they end up just sniping at each other because the rest of us can't be bothered setting ourselves up to be knocked down, it's self inflicted.

OK then - define the clique

My experience has been that there is a core of regular posters on here who have a tendency, possibly unwittingly, to generally put down, criticise, round upon, attack, belittle or overwhelm anyone who's not part of the clique,

or could it be that you are misinterpreting an invitation to engage in lively discussion that some people take in the spirit it was intended (and end up being accused of joining the clique) and others think that there should be no contradiction of their posts and start shouting "clique".

wuss... :cheers:

It's a fair cop guv.

or could it be that you are misinterpreting an invitation to engage in lively discussion that some people take in the spirit it was intended (and end up being accused of joining the clique) and others think that there should be no contradiction of their posts and start shouting "clique".

I think one's point of view would depend on whether you're on the inside of the clique looking out, or the outside looking in ..

My experience has been that there is a core of regular posters on here who have a tendency, possibly unwittingly, to generally put down, criticise, round upon, attack, belittle or overwhelm anyone who's not part of the clique, and then act all hurt and self righteous when it leads to people withdrawing from debate on the grounds that they were simply exercising their right to have an alternative opinion. If they end up just sniping at each other because the rest of us can't be bothered setting ourselves up to be knocked down, it's self inflicted.

I don't think that's fair, I have seen plenty of exasperated possibly overly harsh reactions to daft ideas based on nil knowledge and once or twice pack attacks on things like "If canal boating were banned how would you all feel about that". The "clique" has been brought up before and where the theory falls down is that said clique consists of people who are generally at loggerheads over many issues and debate quite vociferously amoung themselves uniting to eject some troll.

As for comments on grammar and spelling, that seems usually to be launched against people in glass houses who have raised the issue themselves becase as Deleted account says they have run out of arguments. After all if James T Berk doesn't cop flak for that it can hardly be that important. :rolleyes:

I think one's point of view would depend on whether you're on the inside of the clique looking out, or the outside looking in ..

or whether you don't even recognise the existence of a clique, at all?

I post as an individual and every thread or other member is fair game for a conversation, as far as I'm concerned.

After all if James T Berk doesn't cop flak for that it can hardly be that important. :rolleyes:

I have tried, repeatedly, to get James T Berk banned, for his appalling grammar, to no avail.

Many people support me, by PM, on this issue, too.

Edited by carlt

Now I could take that in the spirit it was intended...or dismiss it as a bit of light hearted banter.

I choose the latter. :wacko:

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

its a forum FFS...get ya self on a hunting or biting dog forum if ya want to see hardcore discussion/bullying.....things do go stail from time to time then it picks up and alls well again..now please stop being big girls and drama queens and post somthing worth reading!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Here we go again...FFS. :rolleyes: