Need a new cratch cover

Featured Posts

Wilsons of Kinver ?

COAT!...............

Good idea then pay the money to one of the ex employees

Edited to say: Maybe no need as sueb thinks all the creditors might be paid that is to say over £250,000 will be paid by the new company, wonder how long that will take?

Edited by cotswoldsman

Perhaps you could try the company started by 2 of the ex-employees...I'm not sure of the name but it's something like Kinver covers???? They may appreciate the support. Will re-post if I can confirm the name.

Perhaps you could try the company started by 2 of the ex-employees...I'm not sure of the name but it's something like Kinver covers???? They may appreciate the support. Will re-post if I can confirm the name.

They'd have to be a bit more savvy than their predecessors... "we don't go as far as Bath..." and Chester is about as far the other way.

You probably are too far away but that and the tales here mean we'll be using Masterwerks (who are based in Saltford), the same company that fitted Juno's original canopy 22 years ago and as far as I'm aware has traded continuously

Kinver Canopies are the name of the new company started by 2 ex-wilsons. Sorry no contact details to hand though...sure they are easily findable though.

Found some details!!!!

can't do the linky thing, but the website is the most obvious it could be...

name and .co.uk

Edited by Ally

Kinver Canopies are the name of the new company started by 2 ex-wilsons. Sorry no contact details to hand though...sure they are easily findable though.

http://www.kinvercanopies.co.uk/

Please call us

on 07717218679

or drop us an email

sales at kinvercanopies dot co dot uk

Tony

I had the same problem. None of them would travel to my home to do one on my boat build even after I offered to pay the extra travel time from where they would do it when I got the boat there. 60 miles away.

In the end I have made the SS metalwork myself and I have a chap making the cover that normally does ones for sea going boats.

Can anyone recommend a company to make me a new cratch cover.I'm in the Chester area.AJ canopies won't travel this far.

We have not long had a new cover made by DB Covers. The chap is an Ex-Wilson's of Kinver employee. He has done a first class job for us. I don't know if he will travel to Chester though.

http://www.dbboatcovers.co.uk/

The website is a bit basic but it will have the contact details though.

We have not long had a new cover made by DB Covers. The chap is an Ex-Wilson's of Kinver employee. He has done a first class job for us. I don't know if he will travel to Chester though.

http://www.dbboatcovers.co.uk/

The website is a bit basic but it will have the contact details though.

I can make you one if you send me the old one, providing its a good fit! im on the east coast but may travel if expenses are paid?

Can anyone recommend a company to make me a new cratch cover.I'm in the Chester area.AJ canopies won't travel this far.

They wouldn't come to me either, even though they made the last cover for my boat and I offered to pay whatever their extra time and travel costs ended up working out at. They just point-blank refused. They came across to me as unhelpful and negative despite other peeps recommending them.

Had one made for us by Karl Assinger in the end. VERY pleased with it and highly recommend his work. Here's a thread with pics of the cover he did for us. I think he charged us £1200 for it, including three trips to Reading. Or it might have been £1500. Whatever it was, it still works well and looks good today and we are still very pleased.

Lots of thoughtful little details about it make it a pleasure to use. I'll certainly ask him to do the next one we need, on whatever boat.

Mike

(Edited to correct a nonsense sentence.)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Try "The Little Sewing Boat" They have two narrow boats, one for accommodation and the other a workshop. I recently did a BSC on one of their boats. The quality of the covers seemed pretty good. Mobile phone 07530795609.

Yes have seen them quite often can't think of the guy's name but if you moor up close to him he measures and fits the cratch cover in a few days. I think his name might be Tony.....

Hi Guys

Just found this thread... I'm Ian from Kinver Canopies and to answer most of the points/questions raised,

Yes, we would travel to Chester.

Yes, we are ex-Wilsons of Kinver staff (17 and 8 Years with the company),

No, WE don't owe money to anyone

No, We don't ask for deposits

Yes, We offer a guarantee.

Yes, We will give you a free quote over the phone.

and Yes we'd love to work for you!

Not all these points were raised but I think it's best to cover all bases.

Hope to work for some of you soon.

If you want to mail us anytime I have my mobile set to pick up emails as we are quite often out on the road.

sales @ kinvercanopies.co.uk

Happy Boating.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dignity,

After being ripped off by a canopy maker last year I contacted Kinver Canopies to make me a cratch last month and they did a cracking job - travelled a fair way to me as well. The cover is very well made and the lads were very professional in their manner, they had it made and fitted it within 2 weeks. I was so impressed that I asked them to make me a pram cover - to be fitted next week:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Try Advance Marine Services. they are based in Bangor, North Wales but will travel.

Mark is a good guy and does a cracking job. He made the pram cover for our boat, based at Golden Nook

On the Shroppie, for £900. He travelled out to do the patterning, made the cover at his base and returned to fit.

Mike