Where can I get a pigeon box for my boat from?

Andrew B

Featured Posts

Andrew, how are you going to go about cutting and relining the roof?

Richard

The boat currently needs a couple more ventilation vents (in my opinion) and I'm hoping somebody can fit them and a pigeon box. There's 2 people I've got in mind who will but my roof is not curved it's flat - straight and meet at a slope angle at the top, if that makes sense? That's the only way I can describe it.

That's correct

If you do get one made post up some pictures please.

I have been thinking about ways to get more light into our quite dark kitchen. It's OK in the summer with the side hatches open but quite dark in the winter with them closed, meaning we often have the lights on - wasting power.

Your post got me thinking.

Hi

Went into Midland Chandlers in Braunston a couple of weeks past. They had boxes already painted.

Not sure where they get them from. 'Terence' lives in Braunston....................

Martyn

I may be wrong, but I think the painted ones that I noticed at Midland Chandlers at Penkridge, at least, were a wooden item, not a steel one.

I'm sure they could advise what they have at any particular outlet.

I may be wrong, but I think the painted ones that I noticed at Midland Chandlers at Penkridge, at least, were a wooden item, not a steel one.

I'm sure they could advise what they have at any particular outlet.

I thought you were going to say you had one spare -

I noticed in the old photos of Sickle she has one that she no longer has...

It doesnt have to be metal can be wood, I'll post some pics MJG if I do finally get one.

Cheers - only if metal though.

Personally I wouldn't want a wooden one.

Does anybody know anywhere cheap for mushroom vents at the moment? I need 4 of them.

Hi Can't do links. however on ebay there are 5 mushroom vents for sale @ £117.50 plus £12.00 postage. Works out at £25.90 each. Seems a bargain.

Martyn (see I do try.)eta. Sell one for £40.00 and that them works out at......well you work it out.

Edited by Nightwatch

Hi Can't do links. however on ebay there are 5 mushroom vents for sale @ £117.50 plus £12.00 postage. Works out at £25.90 each. Seems a bargain.

Martyn (see I do try.)eta. Sell one for £40.00 and that them works out at......well you work it out.

From £20 at Midland Chandlers