Try before you Buy

matty40s

Featured Posts

There are currently two Browns Lane Uxbridge Long Term moorings up for auction, with apparently another couple coming soon.

https://www.bwmooringvacancies.com/vacancy/vacancy_details.php?id=2950

The low for London prices seem very good value, however, potential biders beware, come down and experience the late night Genny sounds from the existing LTM'ers. I was brought to a halt earlier in the week by debris round the prop, and have been too busy to move on yet./

At least 4 boats on the LTM near the pic on the auction site,run their gennys until 11pm and one until after midnight. This is after daytime running as well, so it looks like the local residents don't have battery banks, just gennys!!!!!

I used to moor there a few years ago, and its not a bad mooring really. Towpath is very narrow, so not really any room to sit out, but good boating facilities with uxbridge boat centre nearby, denham yacht station, boaters box and 10 min walk to tube. Only pain for us was having to go down cowley lock to wind when getting water, but we were 70'.

There are currently two Browns Lane Uxbridge Long Term moorings up for auction, with apparently another couple coming soon.

The low for London prices seem very good value, however, potential biders beware, come down and experience the late night Genny sounds from the existing LTM'ers. I was brought to a halt earlier in the week by debris round the prop, and have been too busy to move on yet./

At least 4 boats on the LTM near the pic on the auction site,run their gennys until 11pm and one until after midnight. This is after daytime running as well, so it looks like the local residents don't have battery banks, just gennys!!!!!

:wacko:

Where the hell is this place London ? and why so expensive ? Pretty places on superb canals all seem far nicer places to be than what I read about London ( where the hell is it )..................

If you think those relatively modest guide and reserve prices for a 17 metre mooring near London are expensive, I'm afraid you really have no idea at all!

Also if

Approximately 15 minutes walk from Uxbridge town centre.

Nearest Train station: Uxbridge Underground (Metropolitan Line)

means nothing to you, you probably need to get out a London A-Z or look it up on the Internet.

That's loads cheaper than the hens teeth moorings around bath!

THIS is expensive (view the bid history).

Super expensive residential mooring

I thought it seemed to be about the going rate until I looked at the bid history :-o I suppose if that's the level of interest it does justify the premiums that buying a clapped out NB with a central London mooring entail. Can't help thinking that it's about 1 1/2 times what. I paid for

My first boat though...

By comparison browns meadow was always the cheapest BW mooring in London

I thought it seemed to be about the going rate until I looked at the bid history :-o I suppose if that's the level of interest it does justify the premiums that buying a clapped out NB with a central London mooring entail. Can't help thinking that it's about 1 1/2 times what. I paid for

My first boat though...

By comparison browns meadow was always the cheapest BW mooring in London

The bid increments are more than I paid for my first boat!

There's something about the Uxbridge/Cowley NB culture that isn't very pleasant. An inverted snobbery. Nice boats are looked down on and it's almost like the the worse the pile of crap you have, the more respect you get around there. I guess that goes for generators too so they're all running noisy little 2 strokes or frame-type building site jobs.

I can't see the point of getting a boat and mooring it in London - it seems the worst of all worlds.

Nope - best of both for me. coz we work in fashion we have to be seen to be based in London. In reality Rallentando doesnt spend much time on her mooring come spring and summer. Plus -we're lucky with our mooring. It doesnt feel like London at all, cant see a single house from there. A good compromise I think.

I woudn't want to moor on any of the Central ones though - they depress me.

Edited by Lady Muck