Anyone on Grand Union

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

I am presently at Slapton slowly moving down to London and have always enjoyed meeting fellow members of CWDF so if anyone is between Slapton and London and would like to meet for a drink or just a chat let me know. I have to be in London by 28 May

John,

Your "taxing" schedule to get to London would not make the "Tring/Wendover" festival, (actually to be held at Boxmoor now) a possibility, as it is the weekend of 28th/29th.

However, depending upon how you feel about such things, you could arrange to be at Rickmansworth for their event on 21st/22nd.

Linky

Almost impossible not to meet some fellow CWDFers there. (Mr Baldock is their "ringmaster", or whatever he is really called!....).

I am presently at Slapton slowly moving down to London and have always enjoyed meeting fellow members of CWDF so if anyone is between Slapton and London and would like to meet for a drink or just a chat let me know. I have to be in London by 28 May

I'll keep an eye open. We are at Cowley Peachy and slowly heading north up the GU to be in Leicester by 9th June.

Mike

John,

Your "taxing" schedule to get to London would not make the "Tring/Wendover" festival, (actually to be held at Boxmoor now) a possibility, as it is the weekend of 28th/29th.

However, depending upon how you feel about such things, you could arrange to be at Rickmansworth for their event on 21st/22nd.

Linky

Almost impossible not to meet some fellow CWDFers there. (Mr Baldock is their "ringmaster", or whatever he is really called!....).

Looks interesting and worth a visit better get out my canal map and work it all out.

I have to be in London by 28 May

We are at Cowley Peachy and slowly heading north up the GU to be in Leicester by 9th June.

Maybe, just maybe, one day we'll both be retired! I can only dream of such leisurely time-scales (see my auto-signature, at the moment!....)

We must have gone past you last Friday just after the thunderstorm? We stopped at the Globe that night - blue boat full of greyhounds with a funny shaped back.

Richard

http://indigodream.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/the-odyssey-2011-day-7/

:rolleyes: Thats true Alan,,, we does lurk near there although Mr Baldock will be at Ricky long with the harfield massive, may be remind us when yr in the area.. as ever like most folk some days are better than others!

Please shout or gesticulate if you see us on Daedalus or Batavia (the Rivets R Us boat) in Berkhamsted.

There is even space to moor in the best bit of Berkhamsted (between the Crystal and the Boat) at the minute, due to summer migration.

Chris G

Please shout or gesticulate if you see us on Daedalus or Batavia (the Rivets R Us boat) in Berkhamsted.

There is even space to moor in the best bit of Berkhamsted (between the Crystal and the Boat) at the minute, due to summer migration.

Chris G

Space somewhere between D***ian, P**lo or Mi Boy C***e, possibly ?

I can hardly believe it!

Space somewhere between D***ian, P**lo or Mi Boy C***e, possibly ?

I can hardly believe it!

Amazingly, there was a (brief) period when none of them was there - but D..n is now back - nothing to get steamed up about, though!

Chris G

Amazingly, there was a (brief) period when none of them was there - but D..n is now back - nothing to get steamed up about, though!

Chris G

Yes, but the other two are in the next pound up, I think you'll find.

Mind you current record for non movement doesn't go to any of these three regulars - there are two outside Waitrose that have not (I believe) left that pound since at least last October!

Post again when you are near London, am always up for a drink - not too soon though as am off with the Shingles :-(

Tim

Hi John,

We're now moored on the off side at Sharps Lane, south of Berkhamsted, north of Winkwell. Give us a shout when your around and we'll introduce you to the Anchor, the local boaters pub.

Enjoy the cruise, its a nice stretch (especially if you like locks lol)

Les + Heidi

The plan is to move from Slapton to Marsworth today and spend the weekend there, also have a boating friend coming down from the Shroppie (by car) I think another member from here might well be joining us. Then during the early part of next week will move to Cow Roast for a few days. Yes I know it is a lot of cruising to fit into one week but has to be done sometimes!!!

Given the time of your posts you might have already overtaken us this morning (above Ivinghoe locks) :) We're heading through Marsworth today en route to Ricky. Will be there for the festival but have to be at work on Mon, so aiming to be there early!

Given the time of your posts you might have already overtaken us this morning (above Ivinghoe locks) :) We're heading through Marsworth today en route to Ricky. Will be there for the festival but have to be at work on Mon, so aiming to be there early!

No not moved yet just that I am an early riser takes me a few hours to get into cruising mode!!!!

Hi

You will come past my mooring above Ivinghoe Locks at some point today but I will be at work. I have to take the boat to Marsworth on Sunday to have some work done on it so I will look out for you and make a face to face apology. With beer if possible!

Geoff

The plan is to move from Slapton to Marsworth today and spend the weekend there, also have a boating friend coming down from the Shroppie (by car) I think another member from here might well be joining us. Then during the early part of next week will move to Cow Roast for a few days. Yes I know it is a lot of cruising to fit into one week but has to be done sometimes!!!

I will probably pass you going the other way, I need to be in Leicester early June and am taking the boat with me this time....