Reclaimed Wood project

Featured Posts

Over Christmas at work, we had a cold water main burst due to the cold weather. Now that is another story but the short version is, is that we had to have one of our Front of House function rooms refurbished including the floor. Now, me being me, and always haveing an eye out for things, i saw an oppurtunity, and managed to get about 60 square metres of water damaged floor. Some of this will hopefully go down as the floor in Judith Ann, but the rest i planed back, and built a couple of Galley units. Being a wooden hull they are built as free standing....just in case, and will be bolted in rather than permanently fixed. They have taken about 2 months to do, in amongst work, and baby, but are finally ready for a nice coat of Danish Oil, and installing!!!

IMGP1481.jpg

IMGP1490.jpg

More photos here!

Regards

Dan

That's the beauty of Internet forums, names can be deceiving!! I'm a Stage Manager and Theatrical Carpenter with a man shed full of tools and not enough hours in the day to do stuff Due to working heavily unsocial hours and there we have it. Stage management are known as stage damagement in work so guessed it's a viable username!!!

Regards

Dan

I suspect it's the light, but it had 11 years of wear and relacquering before I got it, it might be that, but it does appear slightly darker than it is

Dan

ETA,

its definately the light, the pictures don't quite do it justice!!!!

Edited by stagedamager

Let me add another big recommend. Well done - for both the design and construction.

If the cat doesn't like it under the sink you can keep chickens under there.

That hole is about the size of the door on my bantams' house.

Fresh eggs whilst boating.

So after spending some time on the house and with my daughter, I finally have had a nice day to get back to the shed, and have finally finished the units, in glorious bank holiday weekend sunshine. 4 coats of Danish oil have really bought them alive. Now all I need to do is get them to Judith Ann, and help my dad crack on with the cabin in anticipation of getting her to Pelsall in June!!

Regards

Dan

IMGP1513.jpg

IMGP1517.jpg

IMGP1523.jpg

IMGP1510.jpg