Whitfield

dor

Featured Posts

Could be true then -

I wonder though??

Have they had a free mooring for a boat they don't much now like all this time.

Don't some brokers offer free moorings for the time they have a boat on brokerage (up to a limit of course)

Might Whitfield not soon pop up somewhere on another brokers site with another many weeks free moorings.

Too cynical???

I wonder what happened to these people: "Fernwood do say, though, that they’ve been contacted by a couple of clients who would have bought Whitefield had it been for sale, and were prepared to pay significantly more than a quarter of a million pounds for it."

I wonder what happened to these people: "Fernwood do say, though, that they’ve been contacted by a couple of clients who would have bought Whitefield had it been for sale, and were prepared to pay significantly more than a quarter of a million pounds for it."

I did chuckle in disbelief when I read that in the mag.

In truth whilst I didn't like the outside and the silly joystick steering, I thought the interior was stunning

Having driven a couple of cruisers with joystick steering, it is really a very easy system to get the hang of. That said these were boats driven by IPS with the skyhook system so you can leave them set to a given co-ordinate and they will keep themselves there taking account of tial flow, wind etc. It is really quite good fun and they handle exceptionally well, the only downside was that the heavier flybridge boat had a habit of rolling if you made it go exactly sideways, the sideways thrust from the pods made it heel at an alarming angle. Good fun taking it sideways down a marina only just wide enough for it though.

The fuel consumption meters were slightly alarming as well. 16 litres per hour just manouvering :blink:

Having driven a couple of cruisers with joystick steering, it is really a very easy system to get the hang of. That said these were boats driven by IPS with the skyhook system so you can leave them set to a given co-ordinate and they will keep themselves there taking account of tial flow, wind etc. It is really quite good fun and they handle exceptionally well, the only downside was that the heavier flybridge boat had a habit of rolling if you made it go exactly sideways, the sideways thrust from the pods made it heel at an alarming angle. Good fun taking it sideways down a marina only just wide enough for it though.

The fuel consumption meters were slightly alarming as well. 16 litres per hour just manouvering :blink:

I have always considered steering to be a skill and a pleasure.

Why not just sit at home and watch a video?

And as for 16 litres of fuel an hour! Good grief. You can see why such boats spend their lives in marinas.

<snip>

these were boats driven by IPS with the skyhook system so you can leave them set to a given co-ordinate and they will keep themselves there taking account of tial flow, wind etc.

<snip>

Could someone translate that please? I think I got sent the stores for a skyhook when I was an apprentice...

Richard

No.......

I use my Metric adjustable spanner for that

..... obviously, I have an Imperial one that I reserve for working on the engine with

Oooh, I've got one of them:

micrometer_imp2.jpg

I prefer this spanner though, it does both:

image001.jpg

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I thought it was a long weight...

They didn't have either in the stores, although they did and extensive and time consuming search looking for them

They didn't have the glass hammer either, or the new bubble for the spirit level

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I thought it was a long weight...

Might have been where you were - for me though it comes from sending rooky student nurses down to theatre to ask for a a drip stand being told "make sure they know you want a long stand"

Wouldn't that be described as workplace bullying now??? :rolleyes: