Reality check.....

luctor et emergo

Featured Posts

As the more observant of you are by now aware, I am the recent proud owner of a 68'6'' long, 113 year old, piece of riveted iron, that is to be my workplace, and increasingly home. Ohh, before you ask, the boat is a burnt out hull..

After a few hard weeks of work and moving the boat, I got as far as Devizes, and now my plans are taking a path off their own...

ixt looks increasingly like that I am going too be living on my boat sooner, rather than later than planned.

Most people would look at me, shake their head, probably tut a lot, and declare me a variety of things, most of which are fine by me, but I would not like to repeat here...

But I've been here before (in a way), and I don't care. I rather live in my burnt out shell, than pay somebody to live in a clapped out bedsit or shared room...

We (well, I.... ) need a smiley flicking the V.... :lol:

I can't see many here reacting like that- we are all as bad as each other! We, poor fools, or enlightened ones, understand what it is to be thoroughly content in our floating refuge, whatever their decor or state of finish. If it makes you happy, or it's all you can afford, be happy :lol:

But I've been here before (in a way), and I don't care. I rather live in my burnt out shell, than pay somebody to live in a clapped out bedsit or shared room...

More strength to your elbow. As for flicking Vs, surely there's no need for such rudery when smug self-satisfaction will do just as nicely?

PS: Is the boat name a Neil Young reference or will you be installing an improbability drive?

LetE, I'm afraid I'm only jelous! yours may well be a burnt out hull, but you've got one at least! our cruiser's great fun but it's not liveaboard material...I can't wait till we've sold it, fingers crossed we'll be able to afford a burnt out hull too lol!

Enjoy!

K xx

More strength to your elbow. As for flicking Vs, surely there's no need for such rudery when smug self-satisfaction will do just as nicely?

PS: Is the boat name a Neil Young reference or will you be installing an improbability drive?

She was called this when I bougth her, and I have no idea of any cicnificance. I am tempted to rename her, but poresently, I can't come up with a better n

ame, just for the sake of it...

She was called this when I bougth her, and I have no idea of any cicnificance. I am tempted to rename her, but poresently, I can't come up with a better n

ame, just for the sake of it...

I think it's a great name. Just don't be tempted to accompany it with a picture of Esther Rantzen...

As the more observant of you are by now aware, I am the recent proud owner of a 68'6'' long, 113 year old, piece of riveted iron, that is to be my workplace, and increasingly home. Ohh, before you ask, the boat is a burnt out hull..

After a few hard weeks of work and moving the boat, I got as far as Devizes, and now my plans are taking a path off their own...

ixt looks increasingly like that I am going too be living on my boat sooner, rather than later than planned.

Most people would look at me, shake their head, probably tut a lot, and declare me a variety of things, most of which are fine by me, but I would not like to repeat here...

We will look out for you as we are heading for Devises.

Sue

Many people would look at you "nod" their head and think lucky b....r this is as far as my dream has got, you are living the dream [with a roof and it moves} sheer heaven!

Picture094-1.jpg

Edited by soldthehouse

With a job that big, as Twocvbloke would say "You're better off with a Kirby!"

In my yoof "hoovering" was euphemistic for particularly enthusiastic or unsubtle pursuance of the opposite sex. I think derived from being an extreme of "sniffing", itself an unattractive reference to canine courtship I believe.

Perhaps chudleighval means she is going to be on the pull around Devizes, and we should desist with the vacuuming references?

In my yoof "hoovering" was euphemistic for particularly enthusiastic or unsubtle pursuance of the opposite sex. I think derived from being an extreme of "sniffing", itself an unattractive reference to canine courtship I believe.

That was "sharking", where I came from.

"Hoovering" was something totally different and referred to taking more than your fair share of white powder.

Hi Luctor,

I believe that I met you at Church lock, Bedwyn on Sunday afternoon. My daughter and I gave you a hand pushing the gates.

We were there looking at a mooring. Mooring first then a boat.

If so you are the first forum member I have met.

I like your boat but my wife said we have to buy one closer to being ready to move on to.

A shame because I love your hull.

Good luck with the conversion. I look forwards to seeing your progress and hopefully soon being on the canal and seeing you around.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Luctor,

I believe that I met you at Church lock, Bedwyn on Sunday afternoon. My daughter and I gave you a hand pushing the gates.

We were there looking at a mooring. Mooring first then a boat.

If so you are the first forum member I have met.

I like your boat but my wife said we have to buy one closer to being ready to move on to.

A shame because I love your hull.

Good luck with the conversion. I look forwards to seeing your progress and hopefully soon being on the canal and seeing you around.

Cheers

Dave

Aha.. good to hear that, and nice to have met you. I did appreciate your help very much, as it is a bit of a pain, singlehanding the K&A wide locks, because most are not really suitable to stop either at the entry or exit, to do the gates, without mooring up. I had the single locks on the T&M, and Oxford down to just about 10 minutes each, but I struggle to do the K&A locks in anything less than 20-25 minutes. Mind you, I do fill them relatively slow, because I don't want to smack the boat about to much.

Good luck with mooring and boat hunting.