ED RIMMER

kienik

Featured Posts

Sorry for the shouting but i am so annoyed about the article that i read in WW today, how can this horrible BA*@*Rd get away with what he has done, he sold a boat over three times to different people and still he escapes jail, only to be deemed not fit to be a MD of another company, it makes me sick, that person (i use the term loosely) should be locked up, if i ever see him on the cut i shall give him what for, just think of the boaters that have lost thousands through his greed? i am so angry by his actions

sorry to those i offend with this topic but i need to vent

Nik

Edited by Liam

Sorry for the shouting but i am so annoyed about the article that i read in WW today, how can this horrible BA*@*Rd get away with what he has done, he sold a boat over three times to different people and still he escapes jail, only to be deemed not fit to be a MD of another company, it makes me sick, that person (i use the term loosely) should be locked up, if i ever see him on the cut i shall give him what for, just think of the boaters that have lost thousands through his greed? i am so angry by his actions

Nik

Must have misread it :lol: Not saying your wrong just questioning if your post was correct.

Edited by Maverick

Must have misread it :lol: Not saying your wrong just questioning if your post was correct.

Thanks Maverick, i have just been told off by the MODS for threatening people, i seriously dont see how i have threatened anyone, if my topic has upset anyone (other than Mr Rimmer) then i apologise, what didi i get so wrong and how can i word it better next time, i believe i am only expressing what others are feeling, how would the MODS feel if they had bought a share in a boat only to learn that share had been sold three times over and they infact owned nothing, losing over £3+, tell me again MODS how was my post threatening?

Thanks

Nik

Edited by kienik

Hi Nik,

You were in no way told off so please don't take it that way, and there is no need to thank Maverick as I stumbled across this thread myself. I chose to edit your post as I think one of the sentences was said in a threatening way.

I can understand your frustration with Mr. Rimmer.

if i ever see him on the cut i shall give him what for, j

Sorry Maverick, i only just realised you highlighted part of my post, i mean, if i see him on the cut i will tell him what i think of his actions whilst he was in charge (other words could be said but i wont for fear of being told off) of the companies, i didnt mean i will "duff" him up or "boff" his nose, just tell him exactly what i think of his actions.

Now MODS tell me oof, am i wrong??, did i threaten anyone??

Didnt think so

Nik

Liam

Seems as tho our posts were both being written at the same time (my grammer is rubbish)

Thanks for clearing it up, and i respect the fact that you understand where i am coming from, please also understand that i am in no way being offensive or threatening towards anyone inside or outside of this forum

Thanks

Nik

i agree,

so wot actions do you suggest, i t cant be physical as that is wrong but i will give him a piece of my mind i i ever see him on the cut, even if i get kicked off here

Nik

Nik

I thought it said the police are still investigating

I thought it said the police are still investigating

it does say that but looking at previous investigations, what do we all think the outcome will be?, to cover my self this is only my thoughts and shouldnt be taken as fact, wow why do we have to justify our selves in such a way every time we post a comment, surely that is what a general discusssion forum is all about, well for now im off till tomorrow

good night all

Nik

it does say that but looking at previous investigations, what do we all think the outcome will be?, to cover my self this is only my thoughts and shouldnt be taken as fact, wow why do we have to justify our selves in such a way every time we post a comment, surely that is what a general discusssion forum is all about, well for now im off till tomorrow

good night all

Nik

I Have known Ed for years, but the figures shook me. This is a man that will help you find a new pet after a loss yet he can steal all that money and defraud on a serial basis? Also he did it on long standing friends. I have my own thoughts about it. BW would have reported it in the 1950's in their house magazine Lock & Quay.

wow why do we have to justify our selves in such a way every time we post a comment, surely that is what a general discusssion forum is all about,

Actually a discussion forum is all about expressing an opinion and having that opinion challenged.

Whether or not you choose to justify yourself, after being challenged is entirely up to you.

That said there can't be many people who don't feel the same anger and revulsion, towards this character, especially his poor victims.

Edited by carlt

This forum already has robust language so I don't wish to encourage more robustness but "give him what for" is to me, as a northerner, bend his hear give 'im a lug'ole full, or give him a piece of my mind, all words, not actions

It is probably an unfortunate choice of words; where I grew up, in London, the expression "give him what for" most definitely referred to physical violence, as opposed to "give him a piece of my mind" which meant only a verbal assault.

It is from such differences in language that major misunderstandings arise so much more often than they used to, because the internet has eliminated the geographical context of statements.

losing over £3+

three quid?

to a southern jessie like myself, when you give somebody 'what for', you thwack them with a cricket bat.

if you've been ripped off, i am very sorry to hear it.

life is hard enough, without GLassholes abusing your trust.

I hope you manage to reach a satisfactory conclusion, without having to resort to violence.

three quid?

to a southern jessie like myself, when you give somebody 'what for', you thwack them with a cricket bat.

if you've been ripped off, i am very sorry to hear it.

life is hard enough, without GLassholes abusing your trust.

I hope you manage to reach a satisfactory conclusion, without having to resort to violence.

Similar meaning here in the east

Midlands: Give him what for = thrash him.

Anyway, I only came in here because I thought it was something about Red Dwarf. :lol:

What was his first name?

Strike that, I think it was Arnold.

It is probably an unfortunate choice of words; where I grew up, in London, the expression "give him what for" most definitely referred to physical violence, as opposed to "give him a piece of my mind" which meant only a verbal assault.

It is from such differences in language that major misunderstandings arise so much more often than they used to, because the internet has eliminated the geographical context of statements.

Reminds me of the "Craig & Bently" affair. Craig had a gun, Bently was already in the

custody of the police. Policeman asked Craig to hand over the gun. Bently called out "Give it to him" Craig shot the policeman. Bently (although he was 17 had a mental age of 11) was hanged. The courts decided he was encouraging Craig to shoot. Craig was under 16 so did not get a death sentance, has been released and leads a normal life. Poor Bently's family only recently managed to clear his name. I remember the occasion well, as my mother cried on the morning of the hanging and I made a point of finding out why.

Now in this case, what would you say "Give it to him" means?

Actually a discussion forum is all about expressing an opinion and having that opinion challenged.

Whether or not you choose to justify yourself, after being challenged is entirely up to you.

That said there can't be many people who don't feel the same anger and revulsion, towards this character, especially his poor victims.

It is sad that the same issue of WW that reported Ed Rimmers misdemeanour's also carried a tribute to OwnerShips M.D. Allen Mathews who died recently.

My personal tribute to Allen Mathews is here.

I would reiterate that most ex Challenger shared owners losses were minimal and that the big losers were those with shares outside the UK or those that invested in sponsored Stealth Hire Boats.

Guest wanted
i agree,

so wot actions do you suggest, i t cant be physical as that is wrong but i will give him a piece of my mind i i ever see him on the cut, even if i get kicked off here

Nik

It's been used on here before and I see no reason not to use it again...........

http://www.webinsult.com/

Personally I find this man an uncivilised cup of inane dandruff flakes !

Bently called out "Give it to him" Craig shot the policeman. Bently (although he was 17 had a mental age of 11) was hanged.

the words i think you will find were "let him have it"

a sad end to this mans pitiful life

on the other hand rimmer is a no good slimeball and i find it amazing no one has "let him have it" for the scams he has cunjurred up over the years!

Edited by hamsterfan

the words i think you will find were "let him have it"

a sad end to this mans pitiful life

on the other hand rimmer is a no good slimeball and i find it amazing no one has "let him have it" for the scams he has cunjurred up over the years!

Yes you are correct "let him have it". The intonation is still the same, as the gun was the subject in question, it is most likely that poor Bently meant "let him have the gun". It is likely that Bently would have used a shorter term such as "Shoot him" or "Kill him" if he meant otherwise.

As for Rimmer I can not agree more.