cruiser rear cover

jonk

Featured Posts

Have you considered an ex-military poncho, or, cyclists cape? I'm sure that with few cunningly attached magnets, you could be dry as ever.

Rob

I have a friend who uses a cyclist's cape for walking on the moors. He reckons it is better than any expensive waterproof jacket.

I have a friend who uses a cyclist's cape for walking on the moors. He reckons it is better than any expensive waterproof jacket.

He may have heard of Rukka motorbike kit then - you WILL be warm and WILL be dry with that - guaranteed :lol: :lol: :lol:

... not that I am advocating the use of wet-weather bike-gear you understand !! Although I am not so vain as to be wet and look "right" than be cold, wet and miserable and "look the part" ! Stuff that ! Definitely practicality before vanity, but it would be a boring world if we all thought that - I will never forget some ladies I saw at the county show one year, when it had been raining for about 10 days beforehand, raining on the day and the place was a complete quagmire, and STILL there were some ladies wearing high heels ! Laughing stock of the show I thought.... :lol:;)

Nick

Edited by Nickhlx

Check out the Bimini covers supplied by Flexicovers and Reading Marine.

They fold down either fowards or backwards and work better than the garden brolly that gets trashed by trees or blown away by the wind

Can you give me a call ?

Thanks,

Nick

Check out the Bimini covers supplied by Flexicovers and Reading Marine.

They fold down either fowards or backwards and work better than the garden brolly that gets trashed by trees or blown away by the wind

Can you really get a bimini for a narrowboat?

Thats great :lol:

Do you mean these:

http://www.flexicovers.co.uk/CustomBuild_G...ry.asp?PageNo=2

(check out the photos of Pipstrelle on the link above)

well I can hardly object to those given I will use an umbrella on occasion!

I didn invest in a broad rimmed leather hat last year. Brill, sort of a head mounted Bimini...

The stainless frame holds the hood like so (there is a rear piece as well)

DSC00124.jpg

or in the summer like this

100_1907.jpg

ouch - that certainly doesn't improve the looks of the boat when fully up!

re the narrowboat version - it looks a bit far forward to keep the sun and rain off the steerer - particularly if the weather is coming from behind. I think I like it better than the full pram hood though.

:lol: Never thought i would see that. More used to seeing them like this

DSC00125.jpg

Sorry, I know it's a repeat, but every time you post something like that all I can see is.....

pennyfarthing.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

Have you considered an ex-military poncho, or, cyclists cape? I'm sure that with few cunningly attached magnets, you could be dry as ever.

Rob

Well, the curiousity got the better of me, I've put my money where my mouth is and bought an ex-Nato pocho, it arrived today, and trying it on, it seems plenty big and long enough to cover the trad stern open hatch area completely. I'd plan to close the read doors and drap the poncho over the doors, down the sides of the boat and over the hatch. Time will tell......

Rob

I'd plan to close the read doors and drap the poncho over the doors, down the sides of the boat and over the hatch. Time will tell......

sounds good. but did you get some magnets too?

otherwise, with the first gust of wind, it might get wrapped around your head, and obscure your vision,

while you flail about, crash into the bank, or overbalance. Like the character Alf, from the 'fast show'.... "oh bugger".

Do you mean these:

http://www.flexicovers.co.uk/CustomBuild_G...ry.asp?PageNo=2

(check out the photos of Pipstrelle on the link above)

However the OP was enquiring about covers for cruiser sterns, and the narrowboat pics there are of a trad and a semitrad. How would this work on a cruiser stern? I'm interested, but only if it will work. And are there any easily folded down (ie in seconds like on my old MG) available?

Mac

However the OP was enquiring about covers for cruiser sterns, and the narrowboat pics there are of a trad and a semitrad. How would this work on a cruiser stern? I'm interested, but only if it will work. And are there any easily folded down (ie in seconds like on my old MG) available?

Mac

The Bimini one folds flat in approx 4 seconds ( top part only - not the side panels)

Nick