introducing ourselves

lu n russ

Featured Posts

just a hello to all on the forum.

wanted to introduce mself and my wife who are just purchasing our first narrowboat it is a little bit of a project but after taking many holidays on the waterways we are sure it will be worth it when finished.reading through some other posts already gained valuable information.

so thank you already :lol:

Hi lu n ross. My OH and I have just done all that - now have a four-year old 57' trad all sitting sweetly at its mooring! This forum was brilliant and giving me a wealth of information during the process. Good luck - we wish you well.

Jo

Welcome and enjoy your new boat, you find this forum a great place to find out lots of information.

So are you going to be aliveaboard or you still keeping your feet on dry land as well.

thanks all for warm welcome will be keeping feet on land for now at least till the kids grow up then we fully intend to liveaboard

just a hello to all on the forum.

wanted to introduce mself and my wife who are just purchasing our first narrowboat it is a little bit of a project but after taking many holidays on the waterways we are sure it will be worth it when finished.reading through some other posts already gained valuable information.

so thank you already :lol:

Welcome to a splendid future enjoy it

Welcome along!

Enjoy your boat and the projecting of getting it how you want it... We are as yet boat-less, waiting for our house to sell but are then going to be able to fund buying a boat for us all to live on full time (Us and the 2 kids, 11&7... going to home school them and travel)

Looking forward to hearing about your project,

Kate :lol:

Welcome to you both. Tell us a bit about your new boat.

well we are awaiting our offer to be officialy accepted today she is a little project.mainly interior with a few other bits nothing too scary (although i dont scare easily)lol she is 40ft trad boat and 29yrs old we didnt want a perfect boat as we enjoy making things good and how we wnt them have done many cars trikes 1 offshore cruiser but must admit my first narrowboat so will be the bain of all your lives pestering for advice. :lol:

Welcome along!

Enjoy your boat and the projecting of getting it how you want it... We are as yet boat-less, waiting for our house to sell but are then going to be able to fund buying a boat for us all to live on full time (Us and the 2 kids, 11&7... going to home school them and travel)

Looking forward to hearing about your project,

Kate :lol:

sounds fun my two are 3 and 1 so gonna wait a little bit first although they love being on the waterways already.

Hi, Welcome.

Smelly mentioned electrics. Says "search" dont "ask".

There are some very knowledgeable people in this forum and great advice given. Alas however, some are slightly less knowldegeable than others and not such good advice given. This is particularly true of "electrics" where heated arguments inevitably end up with much "slanging" and "insults".

I would suggest "ask" first, then try to sort out the wheat from the chaff using "search"

Enjoy your boating!