New batteries with good batteries

Frankieboy

Featured Posts

I don't know anymore.

I have tried to discern a 'point', but have failed miserably. Lot's of petty 'point' scoring, a vast majority of people I believe to have a good grasp of battery behaviour pooh-poohing the exciting new Law of Physics discovered by La Bentine, but no actual substance.

Edited by tomsk

I would love to add my 5 eggs to this debate but I cannot see pictures and don't want to comment on what I don't understand. Could someone please precis the idea using terms that an ordinary spark can understand so's I can work out which way to point and laugh?

In a nutshell Some guy in a shed has had a brainwave, and is now arguing that black is white with a professional.

Richard

In a nutshell Some guy in a shed has had a brainwave, and is now arguing that black is white with a professional.

Richard

Here we go again give him a collective kicking.

Gibbo to me seems a very experienced professional but who else has the guts to disagree with him? it seems to me the poster was originally trying to discuss not disagree or argue.

Nothing wrong with blokes in sheds, I was one of that happy breed for a while and proud of it. Better than sitting at a computer screen pouring scorn on an easy target.

Here we go again give him a collective kicking.

Gibbo to me seems a very experienced professional but who else has the guts to disagree with him? it seems to me the poster was originally trying to discuss not disagree or argue.

Nothing wrong with blokes in sheds, I was one of that happy breed for a while and proud of it. Better than sitting at a computer screen pouring scorn on an easy target.

What you on about? People disagree with me all day long!

I think you need to read this thread (and the other one) again. Properly. Here's a quick summary.

He suggested a new idea. His "octopussy thingy".

It is a daft idea and can never work. He was told by several different posters that it would not do anything. He had the reasons why it would not achieve anything explained to him several times, by several different people, in several different ways. His response?.............

"No one has said why it won't work" or words to that effect. Did he even bother to read the replies?

He said his batteries charge with a higher current when done individually than when together.

This was explained to him several times, by several different people, in several different ways. The reason is simple. It's because it has reached the current limit of the charger.

His response?........................

"I don't understand why it does this" or words to that effect. Did he even bother to read the replies?

Now can you explain to me what is going on here? I personally think he'd fail a Turing test.

What you on about? People disagree with me all day long!

I think you need to read this thread (and the other one) again. Properly. Here's a quick summary.

He suggested a new idea. His "octopussy thingy".

It is a daft idea and can never work. He was told by several different posters that it would not do anything. He had the reasons why it would not achieve anything explained to him several times, by several different people, in several different ways. His response?.............

"No one has said why it won't work" or words to that effect. Did he even bother to read the replies?

He said his batteries charge with a higher current when done individually than when together.

This was explained to him several times, by several different people, in several different ways. The reason is simple. It's because it has reached the current limit of the charger.

His response?........................

"I don't understand why it does this" or words to that effect. Did he even bother to read the replies?

Now can you explain to me what is going on here? I personally think he'd fail a Turing test.

You may be right, I just think that when someone who is a bit oddball who isn't being argumentative but feels he/she may have an original idea or query and is having difficulty getting their idea across, possibly a daft idea, it doesn't take long for some to start denigrating that person, not directly to that person, but between them. To denigrate that person in private is one thing but to do it openly seems to me to be rude and unfriendly and smacks of ganging up. It's like a group of people in a bar criticising someone stood next to them. If I want to criticise someone I will do it to their face, one to one, if someone else joins in with me then I will back off as it then becomes unfair. In the same way if I criticise someone on a forum and someone posts to agree with me I won't respond to that post, otherwise we'll finish up a load of gossips picking on people.

This is the first forum I have taken part in and haven't much experience but I just feel it goes a little bit too far sometimes

This isn't a criticism of any one individual but an underlying trend IMO

That's all, just the way I feel :lol:

Edited by nb Innisfree

You may be right, I just think that when someone who is a bit oddball who isn't being argumentative but feels he/she may have an original idea or query and is having difficulty getting their idea across, possibly a daft idea, it doesn't take long for some to start denigrating that person, not directly to that person, but between them. To denigrate that person in private is one thing but to do it openly seems to me to be rude and unfriendly and smacks of ganging up. It's like a group of people in a bar criticising someone stood next to them. If I want to criticise someone I will do it to their face, one to one, if someone else joins in with me then I will back off as it then becomes unfair. In the same way if I criticise someone on a forum and someone posts to agree with me I won't respond to that post, otherwise we'll finish up a load of gossips picking on people.

This is the first forum I have taken part in and haven't much experience but I just feel it goes a little bit too far sometimes

This isn't a criticism of any one individual but an underlying trend IMO

That's all, just the way I feel :lol:

You identify the fact that this is your first forum with little experience yet I make it approx 5 posts a day to get to your current post tally. Surely with that experience you have managed to identify that this is a FORUM where individuals can express their opinion(s) on the subject matter raised. The fact that some members have the same opinion on a topic and that a member then points to that fact doesn't mean that a conspiracy is taking place. In your efforts to arbitrate on behalf of someone who appears to be able to argue on his own behalf you make a presumption without fact that the subject is an oddball how the feck do you know?!!!!! You then say he's not argumentative when he clearly is and that its a daft idea which is in total agreement with Gibbo, GGRRRRRRRRRRRR you've started my saturday off very badly, makes my blood boil. :lol:

You identify the fact that this is your first forum with little experience yet I make it approx 5 posts a day to get to your current post tally. Surely with that experience you have managed to identify that this is a FORUM where individuals can express their opinion(s) on the subject matter raised. The fact that some members have the same opinion on a topic and that a member then points to that fact doesn't mean that a conspiracy is taking place. In your efforts to arbitrate on behalf of someone who appears to be able to argue on his own behalf you make a presumption without fact that the subject is an oddball how the feck do you know?!!!!! You then say he's not argumentative when he clearly is and that its a daft idea which is in total agreement with Gibbo, GGRRRRRRRRRRRR you've started my saturday off very badly, makes my blood boil. :lol:

ITTTTTTS POTTTTYYYYYY TIMMMMEEEE

Allright, calm down, it wasn't aimed at you specifically, it's all over now.

Just saw the pictures. The ammeter appears to show one battery discharging into the other. There has to be something like that, what you believe you have seen is indeed impossible. I am not agreeing with Gibbo here, I am agreeing with George Simon Ohm. Ohm's law is not open to appeal.

Ohm's law is not open to appeal.

It seems to be open to regular appeal by boaters, it's just that as vexatious litigants they don't acknowledge the inevitable failure.

Still, it's a bit of light hearted relief watching them try and putting it right afterwards often contributes to the beer and fags fund.

:lol:

Regards

Arnot

PS I just had a mental image of two boaters bow hauling from either end with Charles Sterling underneath milking it...

Edited by Arnot

Full marks for trying tho'. As has been implied, three cheers for blokes in sheds! just occasionally they come up with a real advance, but mostly a non starter. I must admit I have met so many keen men with sheds wanting to direct couple a motor and alternator for perpetual motion that explaining why it cannot work became irksome.

I'd like to add that SmartGauge was entirely designed and developed in a 4 foot by 6 foot garden shed in the corner of the the big Nissan hut at Nantwich Canal Centre (cheers Billy :lol:).

But I didn't break any laws of physics doing so.