telivisions and Narowboats

davidfG3

Featured Posts

Well nearly done it should be moving onto my 57ft Trad in the new yr wow great for us , forgive my ignorance or mabey i can be the cause of many an evenings discussons, having recently replaced my old DVB Tele, for a 42" L C D all singing all dancing tele, as i am selling up and moving onto our boat in the new yr it seems a shame to have to get rid of the new all singing all dancing T V. can i run my T V from a Genny or inverter would power be suficiant, you can guess where i am comming from. Many thanks. :lol:

Well nearly done it should be moving onto my 57ft Trad in the new yr wow great for us , forgive my ignorance or mabey i can be the cause of many an evenings discussons, having recently replaced my old DVB Tele, for a 42" L C D all singing all dancing tele, as i am selling up and moving onto our boat in the new yr it seems a shame to have to get rid of the new all singing all dancing T V. can i run my T V from a Genny or inverter would power be suficiant, you can guess where i am comming from. Many thanks. :lol:

Well, if you are intending to watch the telly in the evening, of course you can't run it from a genny.

Your generator must be turned off by 8pm

Well nearly done it should be moving onto my 57ft Trad in the new yr wow great for us , forgive my ignorance or mabey i can be the cause of many an evenings discussons, having recently replaced my old DVB Tele, for a 42" L C D all singing all dancing tele, as i am selling up and moving onto our boat in the new yr it seems a shame to have to get rid of the new all singing all dancing T V. can i run my T V from a Genny or inverter yes would power be suficiant,yes you can guess where i am comming from. Many thanks. :lol:

but

As Dave says it is set down by BW that generators must not be run between 20.00 hrs and 08.00 hrs the next morning.

So it would then be on the inverter after 20.00 hrs.

Depending on battery bank size and state of charge, running it from an inverter is possible but not for very long [unless it is the only item running on 240v] expect 'flat' batteries in the morning.

Apart from that, you ain't going to get it in. :lol:

:lol: Hi

You seem to have a lot of negative replies. I too think it will be far bigger than sensibly useable but as for power consumption I run a 22in lcd tv without problem it draws the same out the batteries as a 15 inch twelve volt tv , now I am no electrician but I doubt just because it is 42 inch that it will use a hell of a lot more juice..............

'use any electricity generator, including the Boat's engine, at any mooring along the Waterway between 8pm and 8am, unless you are moored in isolation, out of earshot of other people. '

A little research turned up the above...........Thank you. But not quite such a 'hard and fast' rule :lol:

What is the power usage in watts of the tele? That would surely be the best indicator?

I'm running a 19" LCD that uses 60W, runs fine all evening (and all night if fall asleep with it on :lol: , oops) from our 150w invertor. We have 2 x 110ah domestics.

We also have a 13" Meos that we run from the invertor. Our living room is too far along the boat to run it off 12v due to the voltage drop. It's rated at 15W.

Mate of mine does have a HUGE tele (think about 40" mark too) mounted on saloon wall with sofa opposite, ie across width of boat. Think using that would give serious eye strain!

42"! Where you going to put it, you'll be sat far to close to it to get the benefit of it.

on a partision wall across the boat will be at least 6ft away from screen, thanks for the replies guys, phew thought i was going to have to get rid as only 3 weeks old, means we can go wii bowling and golfing too :lol: on cold winter nights.

Edited by davidfG3

hi ya i have a 32 inch tv at the end of my bed just like being at the pictures, it wont run on a sine wave inverter can get picture and sound but it buzzes really loud it runs great on a honda suitcase genny, so if its sensative and you dont have a pure sine wave inverter it might buzz

Well, if you are intending to watch the telly in the evening, of course you can't run it from a genny.

Your generator must be turned off by 8pm

Mine doesn't.

Edited to say: Overly flippant response, had second thoughts. Yes, it's reasonable to assume that people are on BW waterways, but it's not guaranteed to be the case.

Edited by FadeToScarlet