So......................

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

yes i was out and about in sunny sussex. haven't done the pictures yet!

i went for a walk along the Wey& Arun between Newbridge and Lording's lock. not much to see along the way as some of it is derelict, some of it infilled, but still very interesting. the lock at lording's has been renovated once but looks like we need to go back and do some gardening! it is isolated from the lower restoration section by a missing aqueduct and the Drungewick to Loxwood section by around 2.5 miles of derelict canal plus several missing bridges.

also went up to Devil's hole to see the demolition of the top cill. (pictures on Wey & Arun trusts site).

then went for a trip on the canal (as crew)

We took C'est la Vie out for a trip along the River Wey from Godalming to Triggs Lock and back to Guildford.

Celebrating the fact that we have FINALLY (only took 5 years) got a mooring on the River Wey at Farncombe Boathouse. Hooray!

Jo.

Some of us Thrupp'ites went up to the quarry for the evening/night

Nice bonfire, BBQ and fireworks

Oh....... all washed down with beer and plonk :lol:

Some of slightly insaner members went for a swim in the Cherwell on the way back the next day :lol:

A cracking weekend

Went out and headed for The Star in Statham, but only got as far as Lymm before my mate broke down... with a funny engine problem where the exhaust was venting out of the air intake on his Lister SR2 (exhaust valve gone?)

Anyway, turned around and went back to The Vine for Saturday night before dragging him home on Sunday morning.

Yesterday I edited video's all day. Not so good.

We did very little yesterday. A bit of cleaning in readiness for next weeks holiday, fixed the TV aerial, messed around in the dinghy and had a few drinks. A relaxing day all round.

Please do not bring up the subject of new cars or we'll never hear the end of it.

Mods - please delete all references to new cars before Bones sees it........... pretty please.......

It isn't a new car, it is a second hand car.

Oh, and Mrs M is having it. I am having the hand-me-down.

Mrs M has you well trained :lol:

:-)

It isn't that bad a deal!

My Current car: Freelander XDi, W reg, 150,000 miles

Mrs M's Currwent car: Freelander GS, 53 reg (I think), 60,000 miles

New car: Passat 1.9D, 55 reg, 27,000 miles

I do lots of miles, which tends to wear out a car, so best bet is for me to have the older car, and run it into the ground over the next 4 years.

Other than discussing my fines did anybody do anything vaguely interesting this weekend?

Spent Saturday afternoon cycling the East London Ring on my new bike (Some pictures here)

Spent Saturday evening painting the ground floor at the London Canal Museum then popped into the Princess of Wales on the River Lea for a quick pint on the way home.

Spent Sunday morning running the museum then in the afternoon went on a short cycle ride to Camden. Forgot how busy Camden Market is on a summer sunday especially when it was at hot as it was this weekend. Popped into the Prospect of Whitby at Wapping on the way home and witnessed a narrowboat apparantly making an good turn into Limehouse lock. A few pictures here.

Tim