BioMagic

Featured Posts

Hi,

I have tried searching but i thought i would just start a new topic. I have been using brewers yeast in a mansfield dump through toilet for quite sometime but lately it has not been controlling the odour as well as it used to. I have switched to BioMagic and pleased to report that there has been an immediate improvement with no smell. I will obviously continue with this and hopefully problem solved. I thought i would just share my findings with forum members.

cheers,

Steve

I hate to say it but I don't think the brewer's yeast did anything to help, they're anaerobic micro-organisms that convert sugar to alchohol in the absence of oxygen ... but your toilet, or rather its contents, needs plenty of oxygen to speed up the breakdown of the smelly stuff by the bugs that are already in it, and its oxygen that apparently the Bio-magic contains (there's no bugs in it). I would hazard a guess that the increase in smell you noticed might in part have been due to the gadual wearing out of the the toilet seals (there's a thread on here somewhere about replacing them i think).

I hate to say it but I don't think the brewer's yeast did anything to help, they're anaerobic micro-organisms that convert sugar to alchohol in the absence of oxygen ... but your toilet, or rather its contents, needs plenty of oxygen to speed up the breakdown of the smelly stuff by the bugs that are already in it, and its oxygen that apparently the Bio-magic contains (there's no bugs in it). I would hazard a guess that the increase in smell you noticed might in part have been due to the gadual wearing out of the the toilet seals (there's a thread on here somewhere about replacing them i think).

And mud or spiders in the usually grossly undersized tank breather.

I use a product called Septiclean 250 Clicky

Just pop the sachet in the tank after a pumpout and it works a treat. Probably very similar to Biomagic.

Additionally (as recommended by Travena) I add 10ml of Oxyplus Clicky if I ever get the remotest whiff of the tank.

One thing always worth remembering - don't use normal bleach/detergent cleaners for keeping the bowl clean as it kills of the useful bugs. I use: Clicky

Although it may sound like it, I have nothing to do with 'Travena'. Just a satisfied customer.

Ah!

When we pump out theres always traces of loo paper still in the bottom. This is after a couple of good goes at washing out.

Is there always a time limit on the pump at pump outs or is this just at Fenny Compton? ie. no time limit= a dam good rinse out.

Martyn

Ah!

When we pump out theres always traces of loo paper still in the bottom. This is after a couple of good goes at washing out.

Is there always a time limit on the pump at pump outs or is this just at Fenny Compton? ie. no time limit= a dam good rinse out.

Martyn

I've never known/found one without a time limit

Do you have to run the genny, much, to power the fan? :lol:

haven't got a genny

Ah!

Martyn

Get your own pump out kit and save a fortune.

Sue

haven't got a genny

I know! It was a joke.

Get your own pump out kit and save a fortune.

Sue

Many people don't have, or like, self-pump out kits for the same reason you don't like generators (horrible, anti-social things).

It's a funny old world :lol:

Edited by carlt

Biomagic is the dog's. Used it in the PortaPotti for nine months of living aboard. Use some in the flush tank too, though.

Nick

Biomagic is the dog's. Used it in the PortaPotti for nine months of living aboard. Use some in the flush tank too, though.

Nick

A porta potti lasting for 9 months as a live-a-board. That's impressive. :lol:

You must have been desperate to get it emptied toward the end :lol:

I've never known/found one without a time limit

EA ones on the Nene. One at Peterborough for sure. It will cut out after a while but you can just start it up again. I hesitate to say it's free, as the licence isn't cheap, but put it this way, there's no additional charge for using the pumpouts and you can do it as often as you like (providing no one else is waiting of course, before someone points that out). Also, it has a fantastic flushing out facility, complete with fire hose.

EA ones on the Nene. One at Peterborough for sure. It will cut out after a while but you can just start it up again. I hesitate to say it's free, as the licence isn't cheap, but put it this way, there's no additional charge for using the pumpouts and you can do it as often as you like (providing no one else is waiting of course, before someone points that out). Also, it has a fantastic flushing out facility, complete with fire hose.

Pity the EA didn't have the same approach on the Thames :lol:

They're all pay cards and timed.