Place in the sun

Ads

Featured Posts

Anyone see Place In The Sun today on channel 4 there was a woman who had a 150k looking for a narrowboat.

Did make me laugh. she wanted to live onboard and had only ever been on a boat for 2 days. They didnt go into much detail about the running costs of a boat and how hard it can be to find a Res mooring.

But still was good to see narrowboats on TV :lol:

Anyone see Place In The Sun today on channel 4 there was a woman who had a 150k looking for a narrowboat.

Did make me laugh. she wanted to live onboard and had only ever been on a boat for 2 days. They didnt go into much detail about the running costs of a boat and how hard it can be to find a Res mooring.

My neighbours on the boat moored next to us watched it - does that count for anything?

I suppose the result will be more naive newcomers wondering why nobody warned them about the challenges that come with living aboard . . .

Im all for people moving onto the water but i think if your going to live on a boat you should really do at least a couple of weeks in the winter to see if you like it. Especially if your a single woman whos never really been on a boat

Im all for people moving onto the water but i think if your going to live on a boat you should really do at least a couple of weeks in the winter to see if you like it. Especially if your a single woman whos never really been on a boat

There is a story of a lady who ordered a boat from Steve Hudson at the Crick boats show. The boat was duly built, launched and completed but when the customer went to move aboard she immediately felt sick with the way the boat rocked in the water. She complained that it wasn't the same as the boat she had seen at Crick because she knew that she suffered with motion sickness and had been so impressed by the stability of the boat she had viewed at Crick.

I cannot vouch for the validity of this story which may well be apocrophical but I did hear it first from a Hudson rep at the Crick boat show where they stand their boats on dry land!

I'd never been on a boat for more than a few minutes before I got mine and I wouldn't do anything different. I think for my it was gut instinct that I knew I could cope.

I have had to have a couple of weeks off the boat this month due to work and boy am I missing it. Central heating sucks compared to my lovely stove. :lol:

I didn't see the programme. Was she looking for a narrowboat in Southern Spain? I don't get to see much sun on my boat in this country. (Apart from today of course!)

You misunderstand. The winner gets a night out with Pete Docherty and then subsequently vilified in a well known UK red top "news"paper.

This is not obligatory, but some folk find it pleasurable.

Butane or propane? 13kg or 19kg? We should be told.

I saw a bit of that programme betwix shopping for amusing hats. That bloomin' woman showing them around knew feck all about boats. I wanted to shove her head down the macerator. :lol:

And I'm pretty sure she described a Morso Squirrel as a diesel stove. Arsewipe that she is. :lol:

I'll calm down now... :lol:

I saw a bit of that programme betwix shopping for amusing hats. That bloomin' woman showing them around knew feck all about boats. I wanted to shove her head down the macerator. :lol:

And I'm pretty sure she described a Morso Squirrel as a diesel stove. Arsewipe that she is. :lol:

I was working at Crick when they filmed there. It is two summers old, that programme. The programme makers ran the show - you felt like the woman was just dragged along whether she liked it or not. Still haven't seen it though, and can't remember which boat it was now. :lol: What colour was it? See if you can jog my memory.

True The presenter didnt actually know alot about boats and you could tell she hed been told what to say without knowing what it actually ment. The first boat they looked at she said was a traditional narrowboat true it was a trad stern but to me a traditional boat means engine room and BM cabin not a trad stern with a pram hood.

In her defence it was actually a diesel stove you could see the controls down the side plus it had a diesel chimney.