Place in the sun

Ads

Featured Posts

Butane or propane? 13kg or 19kg? We should be told.

It's not the size of the gas bottle, it's what you do with it that counts :lol:

To be fair to the woman, with £150,000 to spend you'd easily be able to get a nice modern boat with all mod cons, a residential mooring with shore power etc., and have enough left over to be very comfortable afloat- having gas bottles delivered direct to the boat, for example. You could live a very comfy life, which wouldn't be that much different from living ashore. It's not necessarily such a huge step.

If the programme were advising her to get an old Springer that needed rebottoming, new electrics, etc., and saying that she should CC or have a middle-of-nowhere towpath mooring, then the situation could be very different indeed. Certainly, if I'd been able to spend six times the amount we did in getting afloat, we could have been much more comfortable. But I'm not sure I'd feel so virtuous! :lol:

Not until I've had the opportunity to heap moral opprobrium on the fickleness of those who keep 2 gas bottles on the go with an automatic changeover whenever they feel like it.

Pah!!

And that looked more like the marina at Cowley at the end, and not Uxbridge - Denham Yacht Station is nice but certainly doesn't look as big as they were showing if it was there. (Baldock, can you confirm?) Still, it was nice too see many a shot of my old (and possibly still favourite) stomping ground of Cowroast now and then.)