Narrowboater to be Vice Chair of BW

bottle

Featured Posts

these people don't think so

http://www.blairwatch.co.uk/node/1820

Hmm. What exactly does Blairwatch.co.uk know about boating, he wondered to himself.

And you can hardly blame the man for being unable to sort out the biggest privatisation cockup ever foisted on the Great British Public, the railways carve-up. Oh no, hang on, that was the OTHER Tories, wasn't it?

but but but he`s a train man probably shut down the canals and turn them into narrow gauge rail networks :lol::lol:

No, he is really a bus / coach man. If he is anything like his father who I know personally, he will be great.

No, he is really a bus / coach man. If he is anything like his father who I know personally, he will be great.

Now there was me thinking that he was the Richard Bowker who came up through Virgin Group, Virgin Rail and then went to National Express and guess his best qualification for the job at BW is that he was head of the Private Finance Initiative Unit at London Underground now me wonders could his experience in dealing with Private Finance might be something BW find interesting!!!!!! Anyway doubt he will be at BW long as he changes jobs like some people change underwear. Can't tell you about his father but as for his son would not jump with joy to much.

Did hear that he had sold his boat.

Edited by cotswoldsman

• 11 months later...
This is the same Richard Bowker reported today to be leaving Natex to take up a middle east job?

Yes, the same Richard Bowker who left Natex the day before it was announced that it would very likely be defaulting on its ECML franchise payment, with the government taking over the service.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8127851.stm

Yes, the same Richard Bowker who left Natex the day before it was announced that it would very likely be defaulting on its ECML franchise payment, with the government taking over the service.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8127851.stm

As someone who pays National Express East Anglia a shedload of money each year (and a 6% bigger shed this year), I can confirm they certainly know how to paint the outside of trains in their corporate livery when they rebrand. Before they were known as One. Which was...errr....National Express. It's useful because now us commuters can distinguish between West Anglia trains (owned by National Express) from the competitor....errr....Stansted Express (owned by National Express). I mean wtf point??!!!

I understand that the new super-efficient privatised railways in Britain now cost the taxpayer four times as much as when they were - boo, hiss, evil! - British Rail.

Craned out on a section 8?

Unlikely but I wonder why he has been so succesful in gaining so many highly paid appointments.

Everything he has touched, so far, has been messed up - but he never stays long enough to sort the mess out . . .

Unlikely but I wonder why he has been so succesful in gaining so many highly paid appointments.

Everything he has touched, so far, has been messed up - but he never stays long enough to sort the mess out . . .

Well don't worry he is still at BW. On the same subject of appointments after messing up only need to look at BW Chairman Tony Hales who was fired from Allied Domecq he was paid £1 million compensation and then sued for a further £1.3 million for loss of office!!!

Well don't worry he is still at BW. On the same subject of appointments after messing up only need to look at BW Chairman Tony Hales who was fired from Allied Domecq he was paid £1 million compensation and then sued for a further £1.3 million for loss of office!!!

By all accounts an absolute bargain compared to what BP had to spend to rid itself of Sir Robert ("Bob") Horton.

Obviously impressed by his "successes"at BP, he then went on to further "successes" as Railtrack, and netted further massive sums for his efforts.

At least BW escaped that one!

If it wasn't true, you certainly couldn't make it up!

By all accounts an absolute bargain compared to what BP had to spend to rid itself of Sir Robert ("Bob") Horton.

Obviously impressed by his "successes"at BP, he then went on to further "successes" as Railtrack, and netted further massive sums for his efforts.

At least BW escaped that one!

If it wasn't true, you certainly couldn't make it up!

Horton is certainly well qualified to go to BW!!!

I once wrote to the government suggesting that they made David Hutchins Chief exec and chairman of BW. They told me they had refered my letter to BW. BW never replied. Now its too late but with DH in charge it might have been fun. Still all we get - and all we have ever got to run BW is underqualified overpaid plonkers and blokes only interested in making money who are mates in the gov's old boy network.

Nothing changes - it's the same the whole world over. (Cue - Song...)

“Keen and committed narrow boater my ass“.

Committed to what? keeping his mushroom vents polished!

I thinks he might be committed to clearing the riffraff off the K+A though now as they kept shouting at him to slow down no doubt

• 1 month later...
Richard Bowker of NXEC is supposed to be taking up a new job in Dubai. I didn't know BW had an office out there.

Richard Bowker - the "boaters champion" - has resigned and will officially leave at the end of September. It was nice to note that the board did not bother to thank him for his many years of service promoting boaters interests at board level.

Richard Bowker - the "boaters champion" - has resigned and will officially leave at the end of September. It was nice to note that the board did not bother to thank him for his many years of service promoting boaters interests at board level.

Would love to know how many board meetings he has attended since end June and how much he has been paid since then.

Now there was me thinking that he was the Richard Bowker who came up through Virgin Group, Virgin Rail and then went to National Express and guess his best qualification for the job at BW is that he was head of the Private Finance Initiative Unit at London Underground now me wonders could his experience in dealing with Private Finance might be something BW find interesting!!!!!! Anyway doubt he will be at BW long as he changes jobs like some people change underwear. Can't tell you about his father but as for his son would not jump with joy to much.

Did hear that he had sold his boat.

Not going to say told you so lol