cost of diesel

petro

Featured Posts

I'll be off round the Four Counties, starting on Friday and going clockwise... At some point we'll need to fill up so wondering what's the cheapest place to do this at the moment and also if Wheaton Aston is still the cheapest - does anybody know the current prices there?

Ta!

Edited by Liam

I'll be off round the Four Counties, starting on Friday and going clockwise... At some point we'll need to fill up so wondering what's the cheapest place to do this at the moment and also if Wheaton Aston is still the cheapest - does anybody know the current prices there?

Ta!

A couple of weeks ago it was 73p/litre at Turners.

When visiting Wheaton Aston take a few minutes to watch the free range chickens on the farm at the other side of the bridge. Now they are happy chickens!

• 2 weeks later...
Local farmer arranged delivery for our two boats last week tanker came to towpath and we paid 0.65 ppl for just over 400 L We always arrange towpath deliveries either via local farmers or phone round local fuel companies.

Just phoned a local supplier. To buy 400L its 0.67.5 problem is they wont deliver to boats any more they are worried about spillage but you can drive up there and fill containers at 70p a litre. I'm now wondering how much I would save on £90 worth if I bought it at 70p (havn't got my maths head on)

Just phoned a local supplier. To buy 400L its 0.67.5 problem is they wont deliver to boats any more they are worried about spillage but you can drive up there and fill containers at 70p a litre. I'm now wondering how much I would save on £90 worth if I bought it at 70p (havn't got my maths head on)

Never had any suplier mention spillage to me but guess they are all different normally they have minimum delivery of between 300 - 500 L but as we are 2 boats this is never a problem.

Paid £1.29 at the pump yesterday to fill the car up at Uxbridge just above the swan and bottle....cheapest roadside fuel for weeks....... Its kinda hovered around the 1.33 mark for the last couple of months.

Tesco in Banbury have it at 124.9 - 10p cheaper than a fortnight ago!

Go to Ostend as part of the 'Oostend Voor Anker' festival and you'll get 300 ltrs free for making the effort and getting there alive

As the price of crude oil is coming down and reached it's lowest price in months yesterday, and we can see the price at the forecourt pumps coming down (some 7p in the last week), does this mean the price of red diesel will be coming down too?

Also, on a side, can anyone clarify whether the derogation of red diesel will affect the whole boat or will we still be allowed to heat the boat on red diesel and have to pay standard rate on the 'cruising diesel'? This will inevitably lead to having two tanks will it not?

Rob

Tesco in Banbury have it at 124.9 - 10p cheaper than a fortnight ago!

It's 123.9 now at some pumps (Tesco & Jet) in South Yorkshire... coming down slowly but surely! Surely red diesel will come down again too?!

Went for a walk around Skipton at the weekend and the price of red diesel there at Pennine Cruisers is 80p p/l!!

"But I suspect there is a lot of blatant profiteering going on."

Is that not the core purpose of a business, to make profits, the one feature that if removed, the business ceases to be a business?

The entire City of London is built on 'blatant profiteering'!

As the price of crude oil is coming down and reached it's lowest price in months yesterday, and we can see the price at the forecourt pumps coming down (some 7p in the last week), does this mean the price of red diesel will be coming down too?

Also, on a side, can anyone clarify whether the derogation of red diesel will affect the whole boat or will we still be allowed to heat the boat on red diesel and have to pay standard rate on the 'cruising diesel'? This will inevitably lead to having two tanks will it not?

Rob

It's 123.9 now at some pumps (Tesco & Jet) in South Yorkshire... coming down slowly but surely! Surely red diesel will come down again too?!

Went for a walk around Skipton at the weekend and the price of red diesel there at Pennine Cruisers is 80p p/l!!

Canalside suppliers have a relatively low turnover and it depends on what price they paid when they filled up their own tank. That's why prices can vary so much and when prices are rising its in the boaters favour. OK some of them may have jacked up prices whilst still sitting on supplies which they bought at a cheaper rate but most canalside businesses aren't that sharp.

Paul H

Somewhat surprised to see 79p at Anglo Welsh at Tardebigge about 3 days ago.

Some evidence that canal prices may be falling slightly ?

They've always been pretty cheap up there, I'm off up there myself on Saturday. They're good for generic filters as well.

Thought that I would let you all know that our diesel has been retailing at 72.9ppl for the last week and we have come down to 69.9ppl today.

Regards,

David Ray

Why not post all known diesel prices on rad56mail-diesel@yahoo.co.uk, They will then appear on http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/ This site deserves further use and would help everyone.

Why not post all known diesel prices on rad56mail-diesel@yahoo.co.uk, They will then appear on http://diesel.fibrefactory.co.uk/ This site deserves further use and would help everyone.

With all respect a site that is still displaying prices from 2001 is not going to be a lot of use in these days of drastically fluctuating prices!

Tim