£130 fine

Maverick

Featured Posts

So if I decided NOT to renew my licence after July if I decide to move back to dry land then I'll be fined for something I don't want to do after that? Bizzarre!

But as there is no directly accessible source in that article, I don't think I'll worry too much.

It's a quantum licence and therefore the future has an effect on the past. It's simple physics :D

So if I locked it in a lead box with a cat, some poison, and some source of radiation, I should be fine then? Phew, that's OK then!

So if I locked it in a lead box with a cat, some poison, and some source of radiation, I should be fine then? Phew, that's OK then!
certainly, probaby, maybe or maybe not...
It's a quantum licence and therefore the future has an effect on the past. It's simple physics :D
Simple and physics in the same sentence? :) . American inteligence anyone? Edited by tired old pirate

Anyone seen the latest story on fuzzys favourite website. £130 fine now for not renewing your licence within a month.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/

Press release -------------------------

I am now king of the universe

end press release ------------------

well it's just as meaningful as the one NBW just printed. Christ their critial thinking skills are getting worse.

Altzheimers?????

Press release -------------------------

I am now king of the universe

end press release ------------------

well it's just as meaningful as the one NBW just printed. Christ their critial thinking skills are getting worse.

Altzheimers?????

NBW has always been a haven for the weak-minded and generally addled.

Its what BW call a 'Bright licence'

(that is because, in one way, BW has very bright ideas. And in another its because the licence is called, well 'Bright')

its the kind of fine that appears on your bank statement as having been taken out months before

because BW had this bright idea that you had no intention of paying up the next licence renewal!

Their detection machine is called LARDIS

(Licence Avoidance Renewal Detector In Spacetime)

BW has ascertained that nothing can travel faster than 'C' so detection is relatively easy as it doesnt require a massive bending of spacetime for 'C'anals do not travel in excess of a tiny weeny bit percentage of the speed of light and most things usually come back the previous night....

Edited by fender

How do they define late....if you aren't in the water you don't need a BW licence. If you aren't in BW water but someone elses you don't need a license. OR are they going to set up a SORN system too, that would be super fun.

Surley that would be a SWAN Notice

(Statutory Water Avoidance Notice)

Edited by Baldock

Look, the answer is simple.

instead of having a boat licence, we have a cheaper boater licence, anyone wanting to boat has to be tagged with an RFID tag surgically implanted into their skull at birth. in fact we could incorporate it into the national identity card system version 2 tag.

Anyone found boating without a tag, is summarily executed and fed to the fish.

Anyone found boating with a tag but not having paid the licence meets a similar fate.

in fact the whole system could be automated using GPS and a small explosive charge within the tag.

instead of having a boat licence, we have a cheaper boater licence, anyone wanting to boat has to be tagged with an RFID tag surgically implanted into their skull at birth. in fact we could incorporate it into the national identity card system version 2 tag.

Anyone found boating with a tag but not having paid the licence meets a similar fate.

in fact the whole system could be automated using GPS and a small explosive charge within the tag.

I see your thinking there, and it all sounds good ... but what about when you go through a tunnel? Tag looses contact with outside world ... boom!

I see your thinking there, and it all sounds good ... but what about when you go through a tunnel? Tag looses contact with outside world ... boom!

You're just not thinking outside the box (how's the cat?).....

All those horrible nasty narrowbeam tunnels would be enlarged for free.

Edited by fuzzyduck

excellent proposal. My only worry is that the offenders would die quickly. It should be a slow release of noxious fatal substance causing maximum discomfort. Any suggestions?

Alternatively lobby the government for evaders and questionable types to be reclassified as extreemists and it would then be possible to report them directly to these guys

That would sort them out

Edited by tired old pirate

You're just not thinking outside the box.....

All those horrible nasty narrowbeam tunnels would be enlarged for free.

Hmm. Ok. I think I can see where you're going with this ... whilst I can see the certain long-term advantages, I feel the short-term problems (getitng the aforementioned now-un-manned NB out of the tunnel, getting the gore off the walls, etc etc) could cause some consternation with certain stakeholders.

If your not paying for a license why would you pay the £130 fine?? In what way does this address evasion apart from lightweight evaders who are actually not real evaders but payers albeit late payers. Is there some massive cost to BW associated with receiving payment a month late? Maybe its to target those people who say 'ok i'll pay' then wait for the section 8 then say 'ok i'll pay' etc etc .

If your not paying for a license why would you pay the £130 fine?? In what way does this address evasion apart from lightweight evaders who are actually not real evaders but payers albeit late payers. Is there some massive cost to BW associated with receiving payment a month late? Maybe its to target those people who say 'ok i'll pay' then wait for the section 8 then say 'ok i'll pay' etc etc .

Exactly. Then they'll also add "ok, I'll pay the £130 too ..." over and over again ...