My 57 ft Boat refurb

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

So block me. It’s very easy. Though I’d genuinely love to know what you like about a forum that’s largely two old blokes arguing about the RCD

Certainly this thread seems more like you complaining about everyone else... You did say you were going back to farcebook yet you're still here moaning...

47 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

Thank you. I have.  But on Instagram. Follow the link in my build thread .

Hmmm, I have to say, I'm not sure many people are overly interested in your rebuild thread...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Quattrodave said:

Certainly this thread seems more like you complaining about everyone else... You did say you were going back to farcebook yet you're still here moaning...

Hmmm, I have to say, I'm not sure many people are overly interested in your rebuild thread...

Well…..this thread was a decent build thread until the usual suspects started a bore-off. That’s kind of my point.  Obviously lost on you. 🙄

And hence why I moved mine to Insta. Try and keep up. 😂

Edited by truckcab79

3 minutes ago, AI Rowboat said:

OK, so now it’s Dave’s Quattro versus Truckcab’s Land Rover.

The ultimate 4x4 face off!

I drive a 2004 1000cc Vauxhall Agila so will pull off the track! 😄

4 minutes ago, AI Rowboat said:

OK, so now it’s Dave’s Quattro versus Truckcab’s Land Rover.

The ultimate 4x4 face off!

Have had a rebuilt V8 in the workshop

waiting to be fitted for at least 5 years now. I better get a move on. 😂

1 minute ago, truckcab79 said:

Have had a rebuilt V8 in the workshop

waiting to be fitted for at least 5 years now. I better get a move on. 😂

I know, saw the pictures.

Not concours but perfect usable condition.

As I expect your boat will turn out.

9 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So a forum member asks a question about (say) the RCD we have to reply go and do your own research as a couple of 'holier than thou' new members* get irritated by 'legal stuff' and find it tedious.

*only joined withn the last 6 months

You misunderstand.

The first post on RCD (which is usually yours) is invariably handy, but, and here is the problem....

It turns into an argument amongst you. So much so, I doubt people have any idea what is being argued about.

That argument expands and expands, until it gets to the stage I can't work out if it is still the RCD you are arguing about. This thread being a prime example.

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, JungleJames said:

You misunderstand.

The first post on RCD (which is usually yours) is invariably handy, but, and here is the problem....

It turns into an argument amongst you. So much so, I doubt people have any idea what is being argued about.

That argument expands and expands, until it gets to the stage I can't work out if it is still the RCD you are arguing about. This thread being a prime example.

And just who is making the most pointless noise about replies mentioning the RCD/RCR in this topic? Who had the chance to answer the question posed by another member about how the RCD/RCR works, but chose not to answer? I think if someone had the time to waste going through this and similar threads where the accusation has been made would see that there is just one or two persons who divert them into arguments about the RCD/RCR and then moans about it and throws insults and unproven accusations against one or two people, rather than sticking to the point.

I note that it was I, not the protester, who pointed out that this particular boat did not need to comply with the RCD/RCR, but still they went on when they could have let it rest. To be honest, it looks very like someone with a bee in their bonnet making personal attacks upon Alan and myself, which are getting very near to breaking the rules.

• Greenie 3

I've looked back on this thread.

The OP is advised to get a copy of the BSS regs.

Alan then helpfully, albeit sarcastically, added the content required.

It escalated from there. TruckCab a couple of times asked for it to cease.

That was probably his mistake, because on here, that is like a red rag to a bull.

To be fair, you all need to take a step back and see what the other is really saying.

But hey ho. Carry on as you were.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, JungleJames said:

I've looked back on this thread.

The OP is advised to get a copy of the BSS regs.

Alan then helpfully, albeit sarcastically, added the content required.

It escalated from there. TruckCab a couple of times asked for it to cease.

That was probably his mistake, because on here, that is like a red rag to a bull.

To be fair, you all need to take a step back and see what the other is really saying.

But hey ho. Carry on as you were.

Not wishing to continue it so my last post on this but the point is the build thread was stuffed some time ago by the posts I highlighted and more importantly the owner of the build thread has understandably said he has given up on it.  Perhaps the mods could delete everything after his last build related post in the hope he may continue it.  That would be the only sensible approach in my mind. 

• Unimpressed 1

16 minutes ago, Peugeot 106 said:

Truckcab I’m completely fed up with your posts and would be very pleased if you could please get off your high horse. You’re beginning to spoil this forum for a lot of us and I don’t understand why you want to do so much damage to a very useful forum. You don’t need to wind yourself up and I suggest you maybe take a break from policing other people’s threads

Seconded.

A new(ish) poster constantly posting on here about how awful this place is and how much better it is over on FaceBook is BIZARRE behaviour.

If this place is so bad, why keep on visiting? Telling everyone here to post differently in a style he approves of is going to have zero effect. It demonstrates breathtaking self-importance.

Anyway he says he has gone now. But I doubt it.

"Anyhow - enough from me I’m off back to Facebook. 😂 👋 "

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Seconded.

A new(ish) poster constantly posting on here about how awful this place is and how much better it is over on FaceBook is BIZARRE behaviour.

If this place is so bad, why keep on visiting? Telling everyone here to post differently in a style he approves of is going to have zero effect. It demonstrates breathtaking self-importance.

Anyway he says he has gone now. But I doubt it.

"Anyhow - enough from me I’m off back to Facebook. 😂 👋 "

Only from this thread. Panic not. I’m still here. 👍

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I will see you there

I was quoting Mr Cab79. But I see he is still hanging around here like a knackered bow fender! 

1 hour ago, MtB said:

I was quoting Mr Cab79. But I see he is still hanging around here like a knackered bow fender! 

👍

10 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I am surprised how many members here are on FB but don't openly admit it

Probably where they’re getting their info from and then coming on here to regurgitate it as time-served knowledge. 😂

Jokes aside I’m not sure why anybody with a genuine interest in the hobby wouldn’t be to be honest.  It’s just a bigger gene pool. Makes sense to get a wide spectrum of opinions instead of 3 people insisting their way is right and the only way it should be done. It’s hardly broad research any other way. I’ll happily take info from all over the place.

50 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

I’ll happily take info from all over the place.

That's not how it comes across here. You moan like billy-o about the info available on here and constantly undermine the credibility of those offering it. 

• Greenie 1

10 minutes ago, MtB said:

That's not how it comes across here. You moan like billy-o about the info available on here and constantly undermine the credibility of those offering it. 

Thankfully I don’t need your approval but thanks for getting that off your chest.

If you’ve got the time to waste then look back and you’ll see that I actually moan about the lack of informed comment as opposed to opinion, and the side-tracking of decent, useful threads with info that is of no use to anyone.  You’re welcome to ignore my posts. It’s not difficult.  

• Haha 1

On 03/05/2024 at 00:23, DShK said:

Good god I am glad I don't need to come to this forum anymore 

Congratulations on your 500th post.

Here’s to the next 500….

2 hours ago, truckcab79 said:

You’re welcome to ignore my posts. It’s not difficult.  

Blocking opponents other posters on forums is not only counterproductive to activity, but may also leave you short of useful ammunition to use against them.

“Keep thine enemies closer” 

As I believe Shakespeare once blurted out.

16 minutes ago, AI Rowboat said:

Congratulations on your 500th post.

Here’s to the next 500….

Blocking opponents other posters on forums is not only counterproductive to activity, but may also leave you short of useful ammunition to use against them.

“Keep thine enemies closer” 

As I believe Shakespeare once blurted out.

Nah. I’ve blocked the three most objectionable / boring now and the forum has improved already.  😂

11 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

Nah. I’ve blocked the three most objectionable / boring now and the forum has improved already.  😂

Yes, but only to your eyes!

Hopefully this will be my 10th post where I finally get to see the hidden topics.

Been foiled twice already by that pesky post merging.

Not expecting much to be honest, anything less than total disappointment will be a result.

• Haha 1