Battery charging systems

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, rusty69 said:

I suppose whether it was right or not is dependant on what rules the forum owner thought it had broken. However, I think the point I was trying to make, is that it was a similar thread to this one, in that a question was asked, answers given in good faith, and then taken exception to. However, the difference being that the evidence of that discussion have now been censored deleted, giving perhaps a false impression that this site is worse than others. 

I know threads are often locked on this site, and perhaps deleted if they get really bad,in rare cases, but the one on FB to me looked pretty good natured with lots of useful suggestions (including yours).

Well this thread has now gone to 5 pages with no more help to the OP on his batter charging ideas. Thankfully the one on the FB 12 volt group has not done that.

10 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well this thread has now gone to 5 pages with no more help to the OP on his batter charging ideas. Thankfully the one on the FB 12 volt group has not done that.

No, but the useful comments are still here, whereas those useful comments on the FB page have gone,along with the 90 comments of not so useful. 

17 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

No, but the useful comments are still here, whereas those useful comments on the FB page have gone,along with the 90 comments of not so useful. 

I wonder if that is because the OP demanded the thread be deleted, and on FB such demands are considered reasonable and generally granted.

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Oh I think you probably have, I think we all have. Since offence is taken as much as it's given it's a very bold claim to say that you've never been rude to anyone unprompted.

Sometimes we may not realise we're being rude or that others may perceive our words or behaviour as rude but invariably it happens. None of us are saints and since you're calling for others to look inward you might want to think about taking some of your own advice. 

No. I just haven’t.  Simple as that.  Why would I want to be rude to someone for no reason. ?????   I have more than enough self-awareness to know when I’m being rude without you needing to help me out.  Cheers though.   

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It certainly isn't a problem on other forums I use - asking for more info, pictures etc seems welcomed by the original questioner and when an answer is not just "Yes" or "No" there can be 'pages' of explanations as to why it was done a certain way and what happens if it is done the way the OP suggested.

However - I think there are a lot less of the "Entitled generation" on those forums and any help is usually received with "thanks", "a big help" ’.  

Entitled Generation. 🙄😂

24 minutes ago, MtB said:

I wonder if that is because the OP demanded the thread be deleted, and on FB such demands are considered reasonable and generally granted.

It would probably be the page owner who keeps it on track and didn't catch it fast enough just to lock it. IMO a very well managed group.

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It would probably be the page owner who keeps it on track and didn't catch it fast enough just to lock it. IMO a very well managed group.

Was it locked though, or was it completely deleted? If you believe our friend Mr truckcab this place is the work of the devil. From what I saw (before it was removed) similar behaviour was happening there. Useful answers interspersed with not so useful answers to questions being asked by entitled people not willing to pay for professional advice. 

Edited by rusty69
Typo

10 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

‘Unprompted’.

Show me a post where I’ve randomly been rude to someone for no reason. 🤔🤔🤔

On 18/02/2024 at 20:31, truckcab79 said:

Christ.  You’ve got the ‘way out’ sign same as I did. 😂. How pathetically childish. 🙄

You have to learn to ignore half the tools on this site.  It’s a very odd place. Block or just ignore them.  Unfortunately this site and their dubious ‘knowledge’ is all they have.  

Post your question on the Facebook sites I mentioned earlier. You’ll have a polite rational response in no time. 👍 

15 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

And you don’t for one minute think that’s clearly a response to one of the ‘tools’ yet again posting a way out sign to someone who’s dared to upset them. 

Must try harder.  

You may have to revise your understanding of ‘unprompted’. 
🙄

Edited by truckcab79

13 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

And you don’t for one minute think that’s clearly a response to one of the ‘tools’ yet again posting a way out sign to someone who’s dared to upset them. 

Must try harder.  

You may have to revise your understanding of ‘unprompted’. 
🙄

But nothing was directed at you. You took it upon yourself to be rude to other people when they had not been rude to you, nor even communicated with you. That is unprompted rudeness.

6 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

But nothing was directed at you. You took it upon yourself to be rude to other people when they had not been rude to you, nor even communicated with you. That is unprompted rudeness.

Then you don’t understand unprompted.  

Feel free to waste your evening trying to prove a point though. 👍😂

Edited by truckcab79

17 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

Then you don’t understand unprompted.  

Feel free to waste your evening trying to prove a point though. 👍😂

I’ll take your lack of a cogent response as an admission that you got it wrong.

8 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I’ll take your lack of a cogent response as an admission that you got it wrong.

Well don’t. 😂.  Your lack of understanding doesn’t make it my issue.  That’s like saying ‘I’ve decided I’m right’. Fine if you’re 3 years old but not great otherwise. 

And please find something better to do with your evenings than waste them on me.  

Edited by truckcab79