Battery charging systems

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

He deserves to know how he made me feel.

And the prize for most self-important tool of the year goes to……. 😂

As I’ve said so many times,  it’s just a forum. nobody makes you reply to anyone. Do it with good grace and generosity or don’t bother at all. You’re not saving lives.

• Greenie 1
  • Angry 1

39 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

As I’ve said so many times,  it’s just a forum. nobody makes you reply to anyone. Do it with good grace and generosity or don’t bother at all. You’re not saving lives.

No but the point is should he ever want any more advice (which I agree seems unlikely) then he won’t be getting it from me. And I suspect not from the other usual suspects.

If you want people to help you, you don’t go around calling them “condescending” when they have just been doing their best to be helpful with very limited information. On the other hand, as seems likely, if he just enjoys winding people up or is so sociopathic that he doesn’t care, nothing is lost. But if he doesn’t realise how he came across, it seems only fair to point that out before he falls out with more people. He can take it or leave it.

Oh and while I’m on, I’ll mention that the importance of your opinion of me is somewhere between insignificant and miniscule. If I have time later I’ll get my microscope out and see if I can spot it.

Edited by nicknorman

18 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Oh and while I’m on, I’ll mention that the importance of your opinion of me is somewhere between insignificant and miniscule. If I have time later I’ll get my microscope out and see if I can spot it.

And yet the time spent bothering to type a reply says otherwise. 😉

12 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

And yet the time spent bothering to type a reply says otherwise. 😉

If you say so.

1 hour ago, IanD said:

That's exactly the kind of attitude that discourages newbies from posting on CWDF... 😞

You are confused. I want to discourage newbies like that from posting on CWDF. So I’ll accept the praise, thank you.

4 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

And again.  😉

Corrected that for you because it makes me feel important and clever when I put other people down. I am quite sad really, but hey I can’t help who I am. 👍

Very true.

2 hours ago, truckcab79 said:

And I'm sure two out of three of all your future posts will be to say the same. 

I think we've all got the message you despise the regular posters here, but there's no need to keep telling us twice a day.

2 minutes ago, MtB said:

And I'm sure two out of three of all your future posts will be to say the same. 

I think we've all got the message you despise the regular posters here, but there's no need to keep telling us twice a day.

Probably three out of three until the message sinks in to be fair. 😉.

I try and leave it alone but then another newbie joins and then immediately leaves thanks to the attitudes of the ‘‘forum elders’ 🙄. I like to think of myself as a crusader helping to remind them that it’s just a forum and would benefit from more contributors and opinions, not less. 👍

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, truckcab79 said:

I try and leave it alone but then another newbie joins and then immediately leaves thanks to the attitudes of the ‘‘forum elders’ 🙄. I like to think of myself as a crusader helping to remind them that it’s just a forum and would benefit from more contributors and opinions, not less. 👍

Or fewer... 😉

(but I do agree with you...)

9 hours ago, truckcab79 said:

I’m sure forum history will commend you for doing the job of head prefect with vigour and vim and keeping us all in order. Many congratulations!

Just now, nicknorman said:

I’m sure forum history will commend you for doing the job of head prefect with vigour and vim and keeping us all in order. Many congratulations!

And maybe it'll commend you for protecting it against pollution from uppity youngsters and keeping it as a safe space for a declining number of the elderly, muttering into their beards about how it used to be better in the old days... 😉

• Greenie 1

29 minutes ago, IanD said:

And maybe it'll commend you for protecting it against pollution from uppity youngsters and keeping it as a safe space for a declining number of the elderly, muttering into their beards about how it used to be better in the old days... 😉

Well anyway, one good thing to come out of this sorry episode is that you seem to have acquired a friend. There’s a first time for everything I guess.

16 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Screenshot 2024-02-20 09.24.36.png

It would be interesting to see the actual question because long experience shows that all too may people make a diagnosis and ask a yes - no question to confirm it. When they get a reply suggesting that to give a sensible answer more info is needed to give a valid answer, they get upset and rude. There is a case in point in this thread in respect of the OP's fridge that seems to be noisy and keeps cycling on and off when the door has been closed for hours. A suggestion, admittedly it was not asked for, but given to try to be helpful, gets a rude response that looks to me as if it arose from the OP's lack of knowledge. The fridge thing could also be caused by boxing the fridge in without adequate ventilation.  If there is a fridge problem, then that would directly affect the charging system and batteries, so it is related to the original post. This is ignoring the OP's initial lack of info and then changing the goal posts.

The readiness for others to stir the pot and defend rudeness is why, when I worked for the magazine, I preferred to discuss problems by email rather than on the magazine Facebook page.

Edited by Tony Brooks

15 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

It would be interesting to see the actual question because long experience shows that all too may people make a diagnosis and ask a yes - no question to confirm it. When they get a reply suggesting that to give a sensible answer more info is needed to give a valid answer, they get upset and rude. There is a case in point in this thread in respect of the OP's fridge that seems to be noisy and keeps cycling on and off when the door has been closed for hours. A suggestion, admittedly it was not asked for, but given to try to be helpful, gets a rude response that looks to me as if it arose from the OP's lack of knowledge. The fridge thing could also be caused by boxing the fridge in without adequate ventilation.  If there is a fridge problem, then that would directly affect the charging system and batteries, so it is related to the original post. This is ignoring the OP's initial lack of info and then changing the goal posts.

The readiness for others to stir the pot and defend rudeness is why, when I worked for the magazine, I preferred to discuss problems by email rather than on the magazine Facebook page.

PM sent.

1 hour ago, nicknorman said:

Well anyway, one good thing to come out of this sorry episode is that you seem to have acquired a friend. There’s a first time for everything I guess.

And the winner of the "Ad Hominem Tennis" cup is... 😞

• Greenie 1

26 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Ah yes, I think it is an issue with entitlement and basic courtesy (as well as common sense) of the great unwashed, rather than anything specific to CWDF. We are all doomed I tell you.

Yep. I concede.  You’re not at all condescending. 😂😂😂

15 hours ago, IanD said:

Given that the OP was making what was effectively a peace offering post, that's exactly the kind of unhelpful and condescending reply that wound him up in the first place... 😞

It wasn't really a peace offering post, more of a backhanded apology in which he told those who'd been trying to help that they'd been condescending and hadn't given him sensible answers. That doesn't seem like much of a peace offering to me, more like an opportunity to have another dig. Interesting how people can perceive the same post in such different ways.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, system 4-50 said:

Is it always necessary to return the serve as strongly as it was sent?  Sometimes it is nice to absorb some justified (in your perception) response just to keep the peace?  

That was exactly my point -- the OP put up what was quite a conciliatory post admitting that his response had been too strong and understanding why this had prompted some of the replies.

The right reply -- if any! -- would have been to agree with them -- not in a condescending pat-on-the-head manner! -- and the thread could have got back to useful discussion instead of mud-slinging.

Instead the response was to remind him that he shouldn't have said that, that he was wrong and [name redacted] was right, and he was an unpleasant person not worth talking to.

And when [name redacted] was admonished for this, his reply was "I wanted to tell him how I felt".

Sometimes it's not all about you (not you personally!!!), it's about making CWDF a more pleasant place to be... 🙂

8 minutes ago, blackrose said:

It wasn't really a peace offering post, more of a backhanded apology in which he told those who'd been trying to help that they'd been condescending and hadn't given him sensible answers. That doesn't seem like much of a peace offering to me, more like an opportunity to have another dig. Interesting how people can perceive the same post in such different ways.

"Sorry if my posts offended anyone, all I needed was a little help with something I was unsure of, but what I ended up with was a very strange feeling of not really being welcome, into some kind of closed club, and some what I found quite condescending replies, maybe it is just me? I hope that in the future I can visit the forum with peace of mind in the hope that I get simple sensible answers when required, hope you all have a good day. Malc" 

If you see that as anything other than a peace offering, then maybe you're part of the problem?

Edited by IanD

1 minute ago, IanD said:

Sometimes it's not all about you (not you personally!!!), it's about making CWDF a more pleasant place to be... 🙂

Well said.  

It would be great if the most regular contributors could take a week off. Maybe a temporary suspension for all of the most vociferous to let them see that they don’t need to reply to every thread, don’t need to take offence at anyone who doesn’t immediately bow to their ‘superior knowledge’ and don’t need to ask twenty other questions or query the OP’s reasons for asking.  

Would need to be compulsory. The main culprits couldn’t possibly do it willingly. Far too self-absorbed.  

Just a thought. 🤔