"throwing an error"

Featured Posts

I've been getting this error message occasionally recently. Not a big deal as reloading the page always clears it but its happening more often now. Twice so far today.

Just thought I'd mention it. 

image.thumb.png.c5dfb9d5a5c8e14f19bed877376e2b6d.png

And FireFox still refuses to connect me via the link in mail telling me that there is a relevant post. I have to go a long way round and click on "recent entries". I know it has been mentioned before.

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to url7653.canalworld.net because this web site requires a secure connection.

What can you do about it?

url7653.canalworld.net has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the web site, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the web site’s administrator about the problem.

Chrome did connect me to CanalWorld OK, but it wasn't via the link in a mail so it wasn't really the solution. It does mean I can more readily connect to CWDF and select 'new content' that way, but that is boring.

45 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I have given up with firefox because I kept finding sites that it would not accept. Joined the masses using chrome and never looked back.

It used to be fab but not now.  DuckDuckGo is fun.

I have few problems with Firefox, and the plugins -- especially ad/cookie blockers and the like -- are *way* better than Chrome. Google aren't keen on you blocking these, for obvious reasons... 😉

2 hours ago, MtB said:

I've been getting this error message occasionally recently. Not a big deal as reloading the page always clears it but its happening more often now. Twice so far today.

I occasionally get that as well.

On the Firefox thing:

In Firefox on Linux it will do something similar, but if you drill down through the links in the message boxes you can find a way of telling Firefox the site is safe so set an exception. Firefox tries to make if less than easy and tries to scare you not to do so, but it works.

The server is a little unhappy at the moment and needs more memory. I am going to move the site to another server which is being configured this evening. The migration won't happen until early next week due to a wedding I must attend but hopefully there won't be too much in the way of errors in the meantime. (Apologies!)

• Greenie 2

On 14/02/2024 at 17:16, MtB said:

image.thumb.png.c5dfb9d5a5c8e14f19bed877376e2b6d.png

Also, just to add that this specific issue is a server side caching issue. I have done what is advised in the error message so hopefully you won't see that error for some time!

• Greenie 1