Pump out on the BCN

saxplayer

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Tonka said:

self service pump out at the Black Country Living Museum. I assume you have a card to do it

I have 2 cards on board about 8 years old I tried to use them on the Llangollen however they didn’t work so probably need to replace them. Any where I can buy them over the counter 

30 minutes ago, saxplayer said:

I have 2 cards on board about 8 years old I tried to use them on the Llangollen however they didn’t work so probably need to replace them. Any where I can buy them over the counter 

CRT Cambrian Wharf office, top of farmer’s bridge.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Sherbourne Wharf have a pump out facility next door to the Roundhouse in Birmingham.

Note though that they require you to phone in advance and have very limited hours (noon-3pm Monday to Wednesday or something like that). Also the price will be an arm and a leg assuming it follows their other services.

Hawne Basin at the end of the Dudley No. 2 have a pumpout facility; half a day's detour but an interesting one. Again mind out for opening times and phoning ahead is encouraged.

Edited by Francis Herne

2 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

Note though that they require you to phone in advance and have very limited hours (noon-3pm Monday to Wednesday or something like that). Also the price will be an arm and a leg assuming it follows their other services.

Hawne Basin at the end of the Dudley No. 2 have a pumpout facility; half a day's detour but an interesting one. Again mind out for opening times and phoning ahead is encouraged.

We had a pump out from Sherborne, I was pleasantly surprised that the price wasn’t too bad. That was a few years ago though.

27 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

I'm not sure if Sherbourne will do ad-hoc by arrangement as there was someone there just putting pump out gear away when I pulled up at the Roundhouse on a Sunday a few weeks ago.

Sherborne are open 9am-12pm at the moment (or at least that was the case when we came through a week or so ago), you need to phone the mobile number on the building by the Roundhouse to get someone to come over. Apparently doing pump-outs when the pub is open isn't too popular, so mornings it is! Can't comment on their current price for pump-outs I'm afraid, I had to get diesel from them and they were decent enough to point out at the offset that I might only want to only put a small amount in as it was expensive due to them having bought it a number of months ago before prices started to drop.

Ben.

Edited by Ben Jameson
  • Greenie 1

38 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

No wonder they are often closed due to misuse.

That is totally uncalled for.

The lavatory is on main drainage, it is cleaner when I leave than I find it.

Unless you are used to doing your own pump outs, do not compare the filthy state of Elsan pits used by cassette users to  my standards of pump outs. The C&RT staff have never commented on my use of the lav but then they have never had any cause to complain.

4 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

That is totally uncalled for.

The lavatory is on main drainage, it is cleaner when I leave than I find it.

Unless you are used to doing your own pump outs, do not compare the filthy state of Elsan pits used by cassette users to  my standards of pump outs. The C&RT staff have never commented on my use of the lav but then they have never had any cause to complain.

Maybe you do, but having gone in to facilities to use a shower and it looked like someone had liberally sprayed the contents of their pump out tank over the entire inside of the building I'm not a fan of self pumpouts especially when they aren't using a designated pumpout facility.

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Maybe you do, but having gone in to facilities to use a shower and it looked like someone had liberally sprayed the contents of their pump out tank over the entire inside of the building I'm not a fan of self pumpouts especially when they aren't using a designated pumpout facility.

Most of us think of a 3" pipe gulping turds at high pressure - I know I did.  However, as I rather reluctantly found out from a friend who had his own kit, a macerator pump out can be a steady gently flow of brown water through a ¾“ pipe with no evidence of solids whatsoever. Less of an issue than a cassette full of brown trout, I'd suggest 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Most of us think of a 3" pipe gulping turds at high pressure - I know I did.  However, as I rather reluctantly found out from a friend who had his own kit, a macerator pump out can be a steady gently flow of brown water through a ¾“ pipe with no evidence of solids whatsoever. Less of an issue than a cassette full of brown trout, I'd suggest 

Precisely.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

You could always mop it up with your neckerchief. :giggles:

On 11/09/2023 at 17:33, Francis Herne said:

And it will only cost you a tenner, fill up with diesel while you are their, cheapest on the cut