Titan canopy

Annie cariad

Featured Posts

I'm pretty sure it was Titan who fitted stainless male press studs into the cabin sides of a neighbour's boat without using anything to protect the drill holes. A few months later rust streaks could be seen coming from under every stud. Not great work in that case and my neighbours weren't very happy because they all had to be drilled out. 

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

I'm pretty sure it was Titan who fitted stainless male press studs into the cabin sides of a neighbour's boat without using anything to protect the drill holes. A few months later rust streaks could be seen coming from under every stud. Not great work in that case and my neighbours weren't very happy because they all had to be drilled out. 

Titan offer a service with an all singing/dancing laser measurement service.

There are probably a lot of happy customers out there. 

They fitted a brand new cratch and pram cover to an boat we had just repainted.

The customer on ordering specifically requested bungees not presstuds to allow movement and stretch, this was agreed by the boss.

On installation of the cratch, presstuds were fitted as the fitter didnt carry bungees and wouldnt fit them!!

On installation of the pram cover once the paint job had finished...we were very miffed to find steel swarf swivels on the roof, under the pram hood and on back deck, along with strange discolour runs on the counter top where the canopy dripped. Rust runs were visible from a couple of presstuds.

Titan had to be called back to make alterations, as not only did the cratch leak, the pram sides were so tight, they blocked the roof drains and water poured into the semi trad backend in heavy rain.

Hope this helps.

Edited by matty40s

I know a couple of people who have had zip out windows on their canopies (not necessarily Titan) and said that they are pain to zip in. Wish they had gone for the clips that twist - don't know their proper name.