Installing Shower Waste Outlet Without Access to Below

Featured Posts

As per the title, I stupidly undid the screw connecting the shower waste outlet to the metal thingy which is visible in the shower. The plastic outlet (connected to 25mm waste tube) fell into the bilge, the silicone breaking off, and I'm left not knowing how I can refit a waste outlet without access to the underneath, since the bathroom is tiled. I can grab the plastic outlet with a hook and with a bit of work could disconnect the plastic outlet from the tube in order to feed the tube back up through the hole.

Does anyone know of a way of installing a shower waste outlet from the top down to save me from my stupidity?

If you can clean it up just re-mastic round it on the hook and respray it back on but the silver bit down your wire of the hook and then you’ll be able to screw back on then Fish to hook up why was you and doing it anyway is it broke f it is then you cannot do this

I once stupidly knocked a nut into ours so unscrewed the central screw to remove the grille. Like yours, the plastic but below, basket?, fell down.

I cleaned off all the old silicone, put a length of studding into the central hole, resealed and pulled it up with the road. Dropped the grille over and secured it with a nut. After the silicone have set I removed the studding and refitted the centre screw.

• Greenie 1

We had a serious leak from our newly fitted shower tray in the en-suite. no access as the whole room is tiled.

Had to cut an access panel in the garage ceiling ;)

Maybe get the boat lifted and cut an access panel in the baseplate :)

• Haha 3

I don't understand why any boat would have no access to the shower waste outlet? 

Too many people including professional boat builders who should know better, fit out boats as of they're houses.

If there is no access you need to cut a hole in the floor nearby and remove ballast so that you have access. 

Hook up the trap using a length of stiff wire by putting a bend in the end into its outlet.  Put the shiny threaded ring over the wire and with a bit of jiggery pokery you should be able to join the two. 

Dont forget to include the rubber washer seal between the trap and the underside of the tray.