A questionnaire about your feelings, experience and expectation of Tinsley Canal

Xin Liang

Featured Posts

Dear Mr. / Ms,

I am an architecture postgraduate student from the University of Sheffield.

I am doing a thesis project about how to design buildings that are suitable for future Tinsley Canal development that use low energy and produce low pollution.

In order to better design a building that meets most people's desires and increases the utilization rate of Tinsley Canal, I sincerely invite you to participate in this questionnaire survey.

All information will be kept confidential. It will take about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the questionnaire.

Thank you very much for your support.

Questionnaire link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhAjBX4-GRT9p_tm2PqCz9MCmcWxbM7w5lUJREbvzutStz2w/viewform?usp=sf_link

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Welcome, Xin.

Sorry, I seem to have pressed the wrong button and removed part of your title. Tell me what it should be, and I'll try to put it back.

Oooooh!  Accidental censorship!  

Immediate reaction was oh no not another questionnaire. Not sure that many on here are qualified to suggest building designs but hey, nice try.

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Welcome, Xin.

Sorry, I seem to have pressed the wrong button and removed part of your title. Tell me what it should be, and I'll try to put it back.

Hi Athy,

Oh it's okay😄. I'm new to this forum. I'm still unfamiliar with many rules and functions. The title should be "An questionnaire about your feelings, experience and expectation of Tinsley Canal". Thank you very much.

6 minutes ago, Xin Liang said:

Hi Athy,

Oh it's okay😄. I'm new to this forum. I'm still unfamiliar with many rules and functions. The title should be "An questionnaire about your feelings, experience and expectation of Tinsley Canal". Thank you very much.

It appears that the title can be changed only once, I have just tried and couldn't do it. But at least you have stated the correct title in your post.

All I was trying to do was to change your first word from "An" to "A".

8 minutes ago, Athy said:

It appears that the title can be changed only once, I have just tried and couldn't do it. But at least you have stated the correct title in your post.

All I was trying to do was to change your first word from "An" to "A".

One step beyond Mike! I've managed to change the title... 

Just now, Athy said:

好像标题只能改一次,我刚试过,做不到。但至少你已经在你的帖子中说明了正确的标题。

我只是想把你的第一个词从“An”改为“A”。

Oh! That's a mistake! I didn't notice. And I have re-edited the word in my questionnaire, too. Thank you for pointing out that!

Yeah. I think the current title is also fine. Hope it works well!

1 minute ago, magpie patrick said:

One step beyond Mike! I've managed to change the title... 

Oh! Thank you very much!

12 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Boffin who ?

Isn't that what got Handcock into hot water ?

Though your meaning is clear, not a sense in which I have met the word.

I have just looked it up in Partridge, who gives a related but different meaning which could be politely termed self-relief.

It’s quite funny that when all the Chinese Post students come to Sheffield usually around September each year,  the one’s who do Post Architecture and Post Tourism and Hospitality, seam to get the same project, they tend to use the Canal Basin Victoria Quays and the Canal as a project on waterside development and how to increase tourism in the area, with lots of groups of Chinese students canvassing people with survey’s.
  Shame that non of these surveys and projects have had any impact on the area or resulted in any development along the canal and it’s even funnier that come October there is a noticeable drop in Chinese students asking questions.

This guy has obviously used his head and saved some shoe wear.

Edited by PD1964

12 hours ago, PD1964 said:

It’s quite funny that when all the Chinese Post students come to Sheffield usually around September each year,  the one’s who do Post Architecture and Post Tourism and Hospitality, seam to get the same project, they tend to use the Canal Basin Victoria Quays and the Canal as a project on waterside development and how to increase tourism in the area, with lots of groups of Chinese students canvassing people with survey’s.
  Shame that non of these surveys and projects have had any impact on the area or resulted in any development along the canal and it’s even funnier that come October there is a noticeable drop in Chinese students asking questions.

This guy has obviously used his head and saved some shoe wear.

I quite agree - Xin Liang ought to get a few bonus marks for using their nouse on this one

Edited by magpie patrick

1 hour ago, magpie patrick said:

I quite agree - Xin Liang ought to get a few bonus marks for using his nouse on this one

Are you sure Xin Liang is a he? I have been mistaken before with Chinese names. Interestingly, a check for Xin Liang comes up with the ship below.

1.jpg

On 13/07/2021 at 12:16, Xin Liang said:
  On 13/07/2021 at 12:04, Athy said:

好像标题只能改一次,我刚试过,做不到。但至少你已经在你的帖子中说明了正确的标题。

我只是想把你的第一个词从“An”改为“A”。

Did he really?    The man has hidden depths.

7 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Did he really?    The man has hidden depths.

Biggest take-away I've ever ordered.

Where did you get that from? I've looked back up the page but I can't find it.

On 13/07/2021 at 12:16, Xin Liang said:

Oh! That's a mistake! I didn't notice. And I have re-edited the word in my questionnaire, too. Thank you for pointing out that!

Yeah. I think the current title is also fine. Hope it works well!

Oh! Thank you very much!

A small point - though everyone understands what is meant, the correct historical name is the Sheffield Canal though British Waterways did change it to the 'Sheffield & Tinsley Canal' rather like the Anderton Lift became the 'Anderton Boat Lift' - but interestingly the Falkirk Wheel hasn't been changed by Scottish Canals to the 'Falkirk Boat Wheel' !

1 hour ago, fanshaft said:

A small point - though everyone understands what is meant, the correct historical name is the Sheffield Canal though British Waterways did change it to the 'Sheffield & Tinsley Canal' rather like the Anderton Lift became the 'Anderton Boat Lift' - but interestingly the Falkirk Wheel hasn't been changed by Scottish Canals to the 'Falkirk Boat Wheel' !

Thank you for telling me that. That's a really good point. I think it will help me to accurate the information in my thesis paper. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Gosh! How on earth did that happen? I can't write Chinese.

Well, I thought I couldn't.

Oh😱What a bug incident... 
I'm Chinese. I think maybe that's because I used the website translation to read your comments. And when I quote the comment it quoted the Chinese...... 
I didn't think of it will be like this. Sorry. But it didn't change the meaning.

• Greenie 2

50 minutes ago, Xin Liang said:

Thank you for telling me that. That's a really good point. I think it will help me to accurate the information in my thesis paper. Thank you!

Oh😱What a bug incident... 
I'm Chinese. I think maybe that's because I used the website translation to read your comments. And when I quote the comment it quoted the Chinese...... 
I didn't think of it will be like this. Sorry. But it didn't change the meaning.

No problem! Thanks for explaining.