Cropredy festival

Dav and Pen

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

I was just about to amend, I meant the year before.  ?

I thought you might have. Especially if you've been going there for many years (only since 2002 in our case) it's an easy mistake to make, it becomes such a part of one's annual calendar.

27 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Thought I had read somewhere that the actual band Gairport had pulled out of live gigs including Cropredy. I may be mistaken.

You mean Fairport? Cropredy is Fairport's festival. 

3 hours ago, Athy said:

I guess the expectation is that most of the U.K. population will have been vaccinated by then - it is still five months away, after all. It's likely, of course, that there will be foreign visitors from countries which currently have a greater problem with corona virus than we do,

I can think of at least 5 people across the two canal forums who wont/cant be jabbed, its not going to be most by a long way,

70% if we are lucky is my guestimate.

38 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I can think of at least 5 people across the two canal forums who wont/cant be jabbed, its not going to be most by a long way,

70% if we are lucky is my guestimate.

As soon as I saw reports that Reading would insist on vaccination, I thought, yes, and all the special people, the ones in the know who aren't stupid enough to believe the blindingly obvious when it's under their noses but instead create a global conspiracy to believe in will be kicking up outside to emphasise their switched on and clever status and protest the infringement of their rights.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, rgreg said:

You mean Fairport? Cropredy is Fairport's festival. 

True. I was retiring to Fairport. I also know that the festival is Fairport Convention. But I still think I read somewhere that the band were withdrawing their live appearance.

4 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

True. I was retiring to Fairport. I also know that the festival is Fairport Convention. But I still think I read somewhere that the band were withdrawing their live appearance.

The band's name is Fairport Convention, as it has been since they formed in about 1967.

They are billed to appear at the festival - indeed, many of the festival faithful wouldn't bother turning up if they weren't appearing!

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Chiropody ...

Ah, I see.

In many years' association with Cropredy, I had never thought that its name sounded anything like "chiropody". But now I shan't be able to get the link out of my head, or rather my feet.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

Can anyone tell me how long before 14th I'd need to arrive to be in with a chance of grabbing a mooring? Ish...?

You could already be too late!  Seriously, you have to be there 3 weeks before for a prime mooring within walking distance and bribe the moorings inspector with cash and beer to stay there.

Arriving later you could be a mile or more away from the gig. In the last week all you can do is go straight past.

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

You could already be too late!  Seriously, you have to be there 3 weeks before for a prime mooring within walking distance and bribe the moorings inspector with cash and beer to stay there.

Arriving later you could be a mile or more away from the gig. In the last week all you can do is go straight past.

nuff said! ?