Thetford Contact

RS_Pete

Featured Posts

Hi 

Does anyone have a contact for Thetford? 

I have been on their site however it doesn't seem to post any links for contact just refers you to their agents.

I am after an installation manual for a Thetford C2 and hoping they can help. (Or anyone on here??)

I know its an old model however I am refitting the bathroom and need to remove and refit and think this would help.

Budget is limited at present so replacement with a new model will have to wait

Many thanks for any help

27 minutes ago, RS_Pete said:

Thank you,

Had a look on there but couldn't see it. Do you have a link?

Yes: type "Thetford C2 Instruction Manual" into your search engine, and it'll be the first one that comes up. Well, it was for me anyway (I just checked again). The seller is "amc240".

Edited by Athy

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Yes: type "Thetford C2 Instruction Manual" into your search engine, and it'll be the first one that comes up. Well, it was for me anyway (I just checked again). The seller is "amc240".

Thank you!

Found it! But only by doing a seller search....?‍♂️ No idea why it didn't come up otherwise, never will understand how ebay works differently for different people!

Unfortunately its an instruction for use rather than the installation manual I am after. 

44 minutes ago, RS_Pete said:

Thank you!

Found it! But only by doing a seller search....?‍♂️ No idea why it didn't come up otherwise, never will understand how ebay works differently for different people!

Unfortunately its an instruction for use rather than the installation manual I am after. 

Do you have an email address,  I have the C260 installation pdf. PM me.

41 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Thanks however unfortunately a different model.

2 hours ago, matty40s said:

Do you have an email address,  I have the C260 installation pdf. PM me.

Thanks, very kind however that is for a different model. 

I can also download this from the Thetford site so may end up using it for basic guidance,,,,,

1 hour ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Isn't refitting one just the reverse of removing it?:huh:

I hope the statement at the bottom is aimed at me!? (Though perhaps apt!)

Yes, it should be. 

Was rather hoping to get a manual to check but as said above I am sure I can manage without.

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

I installed a C2 many years ago and didn't find I needed a manual.   You have the measurements to check if it will fit and to cut the hole in the bulkhead on one side or t'other.   What else do you need to Know?

I am sure I will be able to refit without. Just thought it would be nice to check against especially if there is time between removal and refitting. 

But if its not available it won't be the end of the world.

24 minutes ago, RS_Pete said:

I hope the statement at the bottom is aimed at me!? (Though perhaps apt!)

Yes, it should be. 

Was rather hoping to get a manual to check but as said above I am sure I can manage without.

I am sure I will be able to refit without. Just thought it would be nice to check against especially if there is time between removal and refitting. 

But if its not available it won't be the end of the world.

No, the strapline wasn't aimed at anyone, I put in on years ago and can't be bothered to change it;).

I would think your main concerns are fitting the electric and water (assuming that it's got an electric flush). All I ever do when carrying out such exercises is to photograph the set up before I start and make sure it all looks the same when I've finished. Recently replaced the domestic alternator (again!!) and that has loads of wires I haven't got much idea what they do but once connected back up as per photo, it all worked:)

Edited by Wanderer Vagabond

Not much to a C2... no water connection, no electric. The only thing that might be a bit fiddly would be the height of the hanging bracket across the back, but as you are taking the same one out, just measure it before removing it from the wall. If you can get the cassette out and unfold the water filler, then the access hole is big enough...

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, AndrewIC said:

Did you ever find a copy of this online? I discovered on the boat today a paper photocopy of the C2/C3/C4 installation manual that I didn’t know I had. If you still need it I can scan and email it.

Hi, yes I did. Many thanks for your kind offer though. I should have posted I had, so do apologise.

I have however decided to go the composting route so will have a C2 for sale shortly!

On 18/10/2020 at 08:52, RS_Pete said:

Hi 

Does anyone have a contact for Thetford? 

I have been on their site however it doesn't seem to post any links for contact just refers you to their agents.

I am after an installation manual for a Thetford C2 and hoping they can help. (Or anyone on here??)

I know its an old model however I am refitting the bathroom and need to remove and refit and think this would help.

Budget is limited at present so replacement with a new model will have to wait

Many thanks for any help

I have no idea about loos.....but only a few months back I did have an issue with a Thetford oven.

Reason I mention this...is because (unknown to many) the oven was guaranteed for three years !

Not sure if that applies to loos....but may be worth looking at.

I emailed Thetford...and they came back to me after a week.

My oven had been installed by me 18 months previous and so I 'assumed' the guarantee wouldn't work out...but it did !!

They sent an engineer to find me...out on the cut !

I contacted him on a Saturday morning...and he said he would be there Saturday evening...and he was..dead on time !

He didn't have the part.

I said I wanted to move off and I did.

He phoned on Sunday to locate me.....arriving just after 4pm exactly as he said.

I can't fault that for a £240 oven.

It may not apply to you...but they did give me amazing service.

Edited by Bobbybass