Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

The old lock at St Jean de Losne now a mooring for bigger boats. When the navigation was enlarged this lock was bypassed.

We wintered here in 2007 after herself’s heart scare and a spell in hospital at Dijon. We had decided not to go back to Antwerp now that we could not use red diesel and instead stay in France and as things turned out it was a good decision.

E011AA04-B8C3-4DB0-84BF-2CF3C12F014A.jpeg

• Greenie 1

The well known Olney bridge on the Thames and the lift bridge by the Morris works on the canal. This bridge was a problem if single handed but this time had daughter on board. Long time since we went that way and wonder if this bridge is still there.

59A5C619-CD08-4DB0-966F-5821E70A52BD.jpeg

Osney bridge i think you mean yes? And that lift bridge was to the "Radiators" factory making parts for BL if my memory is correct. My late father worked there and we went over that many times to go to "do's". Happy days.

47 minutes ago, Paringa said:

Osney bridge i think you mean yes? And that lift bridge was to the "Radiators" factory making parts for BL if my memory is correct. My late father worked there and we went over that many times to go to "do's". Happy days.

I meant the lift bridge by the radiator factory. The pictures were from 1979.

8 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Today. Opposite the Shady Oak pub, Shropshire Union Canal.

Drawbridge

20201001_085929.jpg.caa0da5448cddb22952bb5e49ba54514.jpg

What an eye for detail, Mr. Mack, and what a fine example of the Great British Eccentric at work.