Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Flyboy

New Series Britain by Barge Ch5

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

don't know how to get the accent on my keyboard!

PC, Mac, iPhone, or something else?  I know how to do it for two of those... :)

5 hours ago, Flyboy said:

You won't be watching it then.

I shan't go out of my way to.

I think not listening to it is the secret.

Just now, MartinC said:

IMac

That’s the one I don’t know how to do it on :D 

15 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

It was nearly worth it for them to tell us that Bingley Five Rise was designed to take a pair of narrowboats.

The best bit for me was the introduction of a local "Industrial Historian" and "expert on the Leeds & Liverpool"

Drumroll for 

Mike Clarke

Liz McIvor

Sorry @Pluto

Episode 2 they come past your house ....

I have given up on responding to TV enquiries as they rarely listen to what you say, especially when it disturbs their often naïve interpretation of history. I spent today working on Kennet, deciding on what new displays we will have this year, a much more satisfying activity.

• Greenie 2

30 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

Forth & Clyde and the Union canals next week followed by the South Oxford and a wee central chunk of the GU.

Are you sure, channel 5 has them continuing on the L&L next Friday.

I watched the first one this afternoon, I thought it was OK, I just wish they would have a program where the subjects actually did something rather than there being a swarm of CRT lackeys operating everything.

On 14/02/2020 at 21:56, Ianws said:

I’ve just switched this on half way through going into an ad break. There’s a text competition to win a 3 day boating break for 4 with £1000 to spend while you are there. Given it’s not your boat or equipment we are talking about what would you spend the £1000 on? 

That's  £250 per person

Admittedly quite a generous amount but I don't think it would be too challenging if there are few shops about.

10 hours ago, MartynG said:

That's  £250 per person

Admittedly quite a generous amount but I don't think it would be too challenging if there are few shops about.

It seems all Ch 5 "travel" programs do that. walking disused railways, train journeys, National trust properties, etc

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

It seems all Ch 5 "travel" programs do that. walking disused railways, train journeys, National trust properties, etc

I have to say that CH5 are making much more interesting niche documentaries on things like canals/railways/road haulage these days than say the BBC...it does make you wonder about the licence fee....

13 hours ago, john6767 said:

I watched the first one this afternoon, I thought it was OK, I just wish they would have a program where the subjects actually did something rather than there being a swarm of CRT lackeys operating everything.

Yes, definitely continuing on the L&L next week and I believe the week following.

15 hours ago, john6767 said:

I beg your pardon. I'd forgotten they were devoting two programmes to each area. Another week on the Pennines to go.

I was quite involved with the making of the F&C and Union Canal programmes which was an interesting experience. However, I learned a couple of weeks ago that all my footage had ended up on the digital cutting room floor. I did quite a lot of filming with "the girls" but I think they must have found me out: to this day, although I knew their names, I never found out who was who ......