Why are crt taking away bank moorings?

Johny London

Featured Posts

47 minutes ago, Johny London said:

One of lifes pleasures is sampling the local fayre - I'm talking about beer here not women before anyone starts! Had an enjoyable visit of the Brewery in Devizes with a good tasting session. (Luckily crt don't own it else we'd have been left out on the rain).

What's the deal with the tea pot thing???

If you were 'in' you wouldn't need to ask.

Just make sure that when you put your tea-pot on the roof that the 'spout' is pointing towards the towpath.

2 minutes ago, Johny London said:

Well, clearly I'm not in. I suspect this is a wind up, but it's a rainy day so I'll play along.

So, spout to towpath = guy who wants to party, spout to canal, lady who wants to party? What's spout astern?!

I'm not authorised to divulge its above my pay-grade (maybe Committee members will be along later)

There was a very long thread a couple of years ago when the membership rules were finally defined.

Try a forum search you may find it.

28 minutes ago, Johny London said:

Well, clearly I'm not in. I suspect this is a wind up, but it's a rainy day so I'll play along.

So, spout to towpath = guy who wants to party, spout to canal, lady who wants to party? What's spout astern?!

Transgender .

25 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm not authorised to divulge its above my pay-grade (maybe Committee members will be along later)

There was a very long thread a couple of years ago when the membership rules were finally defined.

Try a forum search you may find it.

This is all new to me Alan , I suspected you were indulging in Magic Mushroom Tea 

Surely Transgender is Teapot upturned?

Just to get back on track for a moment - just received my Boaters Update newsletter from crt. Actually, it's from Damien, and he calls me John. Never met the guy and we are on first name terms - I find it all rather patronising and never bother to read the nonsense.

Edited by Johny London

11 minutes ago, Johny London said:

Just to get back on track for a moment - just received my Boaters Update newsletter from crt. Actually, it's from Damien, and he calls me John. Never met the guy and we are on first name terms - I find it all rather patronising and never bother to read the nonsense.

I hate that first name carry on , this overfamiliarity by People that dont even know you . 

14 minutes ago, Johny London said:

I though transgender was a teapot with the spout broken off? ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

If it's a code then it's unlikely anyone in the know is going to let you in on the secret.

Why don't you put one on the roof, preferably near the front or rear doors, and see what happens. Might be best to wait until after tomorrow though, or it may get relocated by the weather.

Is this the same form of code that was used with a packet of Omo washing powder???,

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you were 'in' you wouldn't need to ask.

Just make sure that when you put your tea-pot on the roof that the 'spout' is pointing towards the towpath.

Now you're  just being naughty, you know full well what happened last time someone followed that advice.

The good news is after 2 months he can finally walk without a limp

• Love 1

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Now you're  just being naughty, you know full well what happened last time someone followed that advice.

The good news is after 2 months he can finally walk without a limp

Without a limp what? ?

As per the title, I'm now going to do the old man "It was all fields around here" type of thing.

Apart from the teapot direction you all went galloping down, nobody's said anything in this thread that we weren't saying about BWB back in the 80s.

BOATERS ARE A NUISANCE TO THEM ….. Turn your back and the facilities disappear … ALL THAT HAPPENS EACH YEAR IS THE FEES GO UP AND THE SERVICE FROM THEM GOES DOWN... They're turning the cut into a linear caravan park, by rounding us all up into marinas and then ignoring those that won't pay and leaving them to live on water points, and lock landings.

So you'd think nothing's new or improved.  Well …..

In the 80s we did have The Safety Scheme, only it was voluntary.  That's right you didn't have to have one, but if you did, you got a discount on your annual licence.

As for The K&A, we didn't have that.  It wasn't available until  8 August 1990.

Oh, and teapots, I've never pursued that meaning. I'm restricted to the Treacle Glazed, holiday souvenir type that get called Measham or Bargeware (Cringe!) I have three, a trivet and a milk jug

Edited by zenataomm
I climbed a tree to help a cat and now I’m stuck.

2 hours ago, Johny London said:

Did he tell you to display your licence