Sale of Surplus CRT Assets

cuthound

Featured Posts

Thats the trip boat from the museum at ellesmere port as well as the hiab that was a "hook the float" type of attraction popular with kids and me!....when it was working mind you!

Whilst that might not have been the most suitable trip boat for the location if its not being replaced its a sad state of affairs that the general public can't experience a boat trip at the national waterways museum....perhaps they might now be offering running shoes to try or a bike to ride as boating is not high on the agenda anymore.

47 minutes ago, frangar said:

Thats the trip boat from the museum at ellesmere port as well as the hiab that was a "hook the float" type of attraction popular with kids and me!....when it was working mind you!

Whilst that might not have been the most suitable trip boat for the location if its not being replaced its a sad state of affairs that the general public can't experience a boat trip at the national waterways museum....perhaps they might now be offering running shoes to try or a bike to ride as boating is not high on the agenda anymore.

Maybe they are getting a new electric boat ...

I suspect from the careful wording in the advert about expired MCA Class V, suitable for conversion etc. that she has failed inspection under the new tighter rules so they can't run that particular boat as a trip boat any longer.  That doesn't mean they won't ever run another boat trip though!

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

...and CRT obviously dont need dredgers for cyclists and walkers to enjoy the canals.

And certainly not ones with 'dodgy hulls'.

Simpson Lawrence '1000' winch, wheelhouse and cabin with stove, sink and hot water dispenser. Hull is in poor condition. Radio equipment and loose boat equipment excluded.

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Only 2 years since it was a City Of Culture, must have gone downhill fast....

It is still OK in places but a lot of Eastern European beggars on 'street corners'.

We've even moved the boat out of Hull marina now.

It is one of the worst cities in the UK for "Aggressive begging" and homelessness. The council are telling people not to give.

Sandy Smith, chairwoman of Hull Homeless and Rootless Project (Hull HARP), has been a vocal critic of many of the city’s rough sleepers.

In a controversial statement last year, she encouraged do-gooders to stop giving food and money to the homeless and she was left appalled by recent videos showing “zombie-like” rough sleepers in the middle of Hull city centre.

She thinks beggars are choosing to operate in places like Princes Avenue because it appeals to more “middle class” people who could be naïve in falling for elaborate cons.

Her views come just a few months after Matthew McNamara, who was described as an "aggressive and persistent beggar," was jailed for intimidating revellers in Princes Avenue.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Maybe they are getting a new electric boat ...

I suspect from the careful wording in the advert about expired MCA Class V, suitable for conversion etc. that she has failed inspection under the new tighter rules so they can't run that particular boat as a trip boat any longer.  That doesn't mean they won't ever run another boat trip though!

An electric boat would be ideal there all joking aside....it can be plugged in between trips etc. I hope it is replaced by something even if that’s something that is small enough not to need MCA etc. 

3 hours ago, frangar said:

Indeed, it was a trip boat at Ellemere Port many moons ago that I finally persuaded soon to be Mrs Hound to go on a canal boat. Fortunately it ran aground temporarily, proving to Mrs Hound how shallow the canals are and overcoming her fears of drowning.

A holiday on a hire boat later that year and she was hooked, both on the canals and to me. ?

Edited by cuthound
Spillung

.and CRT obviously dont need dredgers for cyclists and walkers to enjoy the canals

Is the dredger surplus to requirement, or is part of a staff cutting exercise to sell off a dredger, one that would normally be of use to keep the navigation open.

As to the trip boat BW evidently thought it of use.

867754.jpg