Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Davidflyfish

Lister engine identification

Featured Posts

Hello, I have what I thought to be a LD1 that has been taken off a 1968 Frederick Parker cement mixer. The engine has no ident tag but has one that says it's got an oversize piston etc. I guessed the engine type by comparing pictures in spares books & adverts on EBay & Utube videos. I have now seen a LR1 engine that looks the same as mine on EBay.

Can anybody tell me how to spot the difference & will a LD1 workshop manuel be the same?

Thanks in anticipation,

David.

We can probably give you chapter and verse on that on Friday. 

No manuals on the boat 

Richard 

I think the only difference in the two engines is the power output.  The LD1 is 3.5hp  @ 1800rpm and the LR1 is 5.25hp @ 2500rpm.  Mechanically they have common parts.  RLWP will give you any detail differences.

Edited by Flyboy

The LR is a lower powered SR

The LD is likely to be related to the SL

Richard 

Yes,LDand LR are both 3x3.5 with many common parts...but not piston and rings.....gudgeon dia may be different......head tension ...50 ft/lbs.

Edited by john.k

24 minutes ago, Davidflyfish said:

All useful info but how do I tell which engine I have when I buy parts etc, thx, David 

Post some pictures, We are good at working out Listers from images

The parts book lists the LR as 1949 on,and the LD as 1952 on....so its reasonable to assume one superceded the other............therefore ,I suggest you will have a LD from a 1968 cement mixer........the book also suggests repair parts are mostly the same ,especially important ones such as VRS kit,and valves...which incidentally seem to be the same I&Ex.

So LD1 or LR1? I've stripped the head etc to refurb & have attached some photo's; hopefully.

also I've taken the injector out but have I taken the sleeve out as well, or is this how it looks. One of the kids picked it up from the coffee table & unscrewed the black not etc off the end so I'm guessing that I'll now have to get it recallibrated as I know very little about injectors.

Looking forward to your replies,

David. image.jpeg.cdc95002bc5cb4b3979509d3709de022.jpegimage.jpeg.0f9e3d2112ef6129d6db9293234f3102.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The part number on the piston indicate it's for a LD, I assume the /5 at the end indicates oversize dimension?

The image of the caliper reading appears to indicate the piston is 0.025" oversize.

Edited by OptedOut
dded info