Alvecote Historic Boat Gathering

Featured Posts

Alvecote Marina

Aug Bank holiday Weekend (25th - 26th -27th)

Lots of Historic boats

Les Lapworth Award (Historic boats)

Illuminated boats (and generous award)

music day and night

Local real ale festival

Boaters Breakfast, BBQ and Sunday roast with all the trimmings

Boat parade

Free to all

Well those are the facts, It's the weekend before Shackerstone and following last year's success proves to be an excellent weekend of 'Boats, Bands and Beer'

If you can play an instrument, then feel free to bring it along and join in the afternoon jam sessions. (beer vouchers supplied i am told)

Over 30 Historic boats have expressed an intrest in attending and we have plenty of room for more. This year we are celebrating the first Josher Motor boat 'Linda' who has turned 100. Come and join in the celebration of the birth of bolinder's relationship with FMC at Alvecote.

Hope to see you all there

Lawrence

Edited by giveitsomeoil

Have you space for motorhome?

There's plenty, but could you arrive early so they can get the boats in over the top of it?

Sorry - live in a tourist area and it's that time of year again.

Thanks for the reminder!

Do we need to book a space for a (partly) historic boat or do we just cruise up on the day?

Mike

Count me in, with my non-historic boat with slightly historic engine.

Unless I am working.......

Dave & I will be there but have no fear - we are not going to try and pass Carrie~Lou off as being even remotely historic! We are borrowing a boat that fits the desired specifications a little better :)

Oh! So you are that novice crew that are volunteering to crew me are you?

You better treat me carefully!

Yes NB Python will also be there :)

I am sure Mr Fincher will be along in a minute to start a list....... :lol:

I wish!

Whilst we could possibly be in that area at that time, as a very stretch target, I think it would have to be without the "interesting" boat, unfortunately......

But we'll have a think on it..........

Plan is to be there with Tycho.

I'd love to bring it's twin - just can't see how right now!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish!

Whilst we could possibly be in that area at that time, as a very stretch target, I think it would have to be without the "interesting" boat, unfortunately......

But we'll have a think on it..........

Obviously the above statement needs revising........

"Sickle" has recently been left within easy distance of Alvecote, whilst we continue to holiday on "Chalice".

So "Sickle" is definitely on the attendees list.

I'm very much hoping "Speedwheel" does manage to get "Tycho" up there too, as we have never seen the two close relatives together since we took on "Sickle".

Looks like "Reginald" is on for it too ?

I'm also trying to persuade "Chertsey" up there - we can't let the Joshers have it all their own way, can we ?

Some may remember we were threatening a 25 year wedding anniversary bash at this weekend. In the end it seemed we would be competing with this event, if we held something separate, so we have decided to "do" Alvecote, and do our celebrating there. Hope plenty of you will be around!

I don't think she checks in on the forum very often but I don't think she will mind me saying that forum memmber "Evil Edna" will be there with ice breaker Baltic too

This is good - I like Baltic a lot.

You can't have too many ice-breakers IMO ! :lol:

Would really love to hear Tycho confirmed too.