Unlicensed boat?

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Horace42 said:

Exactly - my license is clear enough to read - so I fully comply.

Only if it is legible "at a distance of twenty yards " by the specially trained mutant licence checkers who can read the small print with ease.

4 hours ago, Jerra said:

Only if it is legible "at a distance of twenty yards " by the specially trained mutant licence checkers who can read the small print with ease.

Doesn't specify "unaided", so use of binoculars or a telescope may be required ...  :unsure::D

Edited by Iain_S

14 hours ago, Iain_S said:

Doesn't specify "unaided", so use of binoculars or a telescope may be required ...  :unsure::D

Almost definitely....still nit-picking by me.... there is a presumption on my part that the 'standard size' license issued by CRT, displayed by me, is of a size deemed to meet their own 'legibility' requirements, such that someone on the towpath can get close enough to read the license displayed on the nearside.

Except for my own off-side EOG mooring, the standard size license facing the towpath can be read 'from the waterway' - or with binoculars by someone on the towpath -  meaning I comply fully with the spirit of the law.

For those that like the 'letter of the law' - it would be a good idea to ensure the appropriate 'letters' are unambiguously embodied in the T&C's - to make it clear where we stand at all times.

On 28/07/2018 at 21:22, Flyboy said:

Try post 1, A picture of a named boat with an out of date licence showing put up on an open forum. If that's not naming & shaming what is ?

Er... a joke?  Don’t you know who’s boat that is?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Er... a joke?  Don’t you know who’s boat that is?

Try and keep up at the back :D

15 minutes ago, Horace42 said:

Almost definitely....still nit-picking by me.... there is a presumption on my part that the 'standard size' license issued by CRT, displayed by me, is of a size deemed to meet their own 'legibility' requirements, such that someone on the towpath can get close enough to read the license displayed on the nearside.

CRT spotters don't care about being able to see the licence.  They put your registration number in their handheld computers and it immediately shows them if you have a valid licence or not, and logs the position of your boat.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Try and keep up at the back :D

What, I’m supposed to read 5 pages of posts before writing my unimportant drivel? When did that rule come to pass?

I’m outraged!

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

What, I’m supposed to read 5 pages of posts before writing my unimportant drivel? When did that rule come to pass?

I’m outraged!

We LIKE being outraged on here, especially on behalf of other people. It's what we do. 

And if we can get NN to kick off into a rant about how outrageous our outrage is, so much the better...