Sky Lights advice please

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

We have a 60 x 12 foot widebeam with just portholes at the moment and want to add some extra light by having sky lights does anyone know of anyone they could recommend that is reasonable to quote install these we are in Sussex at the moment where the boat is being fitted out.

I am wondering also if anyone that fits skylights can do a boat as it is the same principle for security but not sure any recommendations would really be appreciated

Thanks 

23 minutes ago, Jen011 said:

Who is the clever bloke :) 

Its not for me to say but I am told he did a bloody good job. It will depend wether he wants to do another one I suppose. You could message that nice Mr Wotever and ask him if he knows anything about it ?

Already been in contact with him and all good he is busy but will order for when he has time he is great to talk to so feel confident we have found the right person for the job thanks guys 

16 minutes ago, starman said:

Mike Jordan of this forum designs and builds a very good wooden one and has plans too.

Hi thanks for that

Kind regards

37 minutes ago, starman said:

Mike Jordan of this forum designs and builds a very good wooden one and has plans too.

The wooden one above was Mike’s design. I believe he’s now retired himself. 

10 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Nahhh... he said ‘clever’

Somebody's going around saying you know how to hire a van, which in my book is clever. Anything more difficult than  that confuses me. 

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/91974-it-all-started-with-a-post-the-making-of-a-skylight/&tab=comments#comment-2014353

To be fair to the OP it were WotEver WotEver he says 

Edited by reg

Having 3 Houdini's with their dripping condensation, mainly off the aluminium frames, I would go for the beautiful wood ones with double glazing. They would match my hardwood windows.

Yes, there is some maintenance, but its better than the drips.  

• 2 weeks later...