Mooring at Merry Hill

Jim

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, frahkn said:

There was water last time I was there, but best to use it early in the morning or late at night because you have to run your hose over the service road, which is always busy in the day.

I run out hose by the side of the speed hump to minimise any damage to the hose or problems to traffic.

There is also a height barrier there. On one visit a walker managed to walk straight into it badly cutting his forehead. Don't ask me how but he did leave with one of our handkerchiefs pressed to his head!

Edited by pearley

1 hour ago, Jon57 said:

Good advice. Let the wife do them while you have a shower 😁

If you take them out first, she can clean them in the toilet bowl...

• Haha 1

Does this facility still have the full turn deadlock Yale cylinder fitted. 

If you opened it with the BW key, and turned the key too far to withdraw it, you were locked in with a deadlocked catch, and it's very isolated from the footpath to raise awareness.

Don't ask my friend how we know this!!!!

On 30/01/2024 at 10:21, LadyG said:

I've seen a notice saying drinking water inside a standard Elsan cubicle, it had a special tap fitting, but no one in their right minds would drink from it!

I think they've added two signs to make that clear now 😉

20240131_153406.jpg

On 28/01/2024 at 18:52, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

Are they still very clean and well kept?

I used the shower here last autumn and later, phoned CRT to report that using it was a health hazard... The drain was blocked and having the water running for more than a minute or two was flooding the whole facilities block...

On 29/01/2024 at 11:37, Dan_Tara said:

Thanks for pointing that out, you're right it's in with the elsan and bins. That saves a trip to Blowers Green.

20240129_105834.jpg

20240129_105817.jpg

A pic from today. As I was leaving someone came to clean them too.

20240129_105936.jpg

There was a time when shower rooms/blocks were equipped with a mop and squeegee so we could clean after ourselves.
I guess they got pinched too often and weren’t worth keep replacing. 
On occasion, if my boat’s close by, I’ve grabbed my mop and had a bit of a clean up.