Banbury Moorings

b0atman

Featured Posts

I drove into Banbury. Naturally had a look at the canal, boats nose to tail until the town section not one boat excepting one at Tooleys .Surely the visitor mooring which are too short a term at best of times could be extended for the winter period .

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Then I've got it wrong, I thought that cart had said "whatever the signage it's 14 days over winter"

No. They say that limits below the 14 days are suspended unless there is a sign to the contrary such as '2 days throughout the year'.

As i travel around it is getting ridiculous these 48 hour moorings are not suitable lengths of time .The minimum should be 72 hours and only in the very popular spots .This no return within x days is all very good but is rather stupid on the south oxford which with regards CRT waters is an arm .

3 minutes ago, Detling said:

And as a traveling boater I do not need anything over 48 hours but do like to stop in interesting places. 

Me too. I only use vms for a very odd night or two at most. Take Banbury as a prime example there are miles of places to moor either side of the town anyway in great spots.

1 hour ago, b0atman said:

As i travel around it is getting ridiculous these 48 hour moorings are not suitable lengths of time .The minimum should be 72 hours and only in the very popular spots .This no return within x days is all very good but is rather stupid on the south oxford which with regards CRT waters is an arm .

But rather a busy arm