Water pumps

Pastida@1

Featured Posts

Hi.

What in your opinions are the best water pumps for

1.  Shower waste.  Looked at whale gulper 220 and 320

2. The main water pump from cold water tank. Looked at Jabsco.

Any ideas on the size of accumulator tank I will need to fit. 

They all seem good but need advice on the best ones 

Cheers

Edited by Pastida@1

If you don't have room for a sizeable accumulator I wouldn't bother, IMHO the small ones aren't much use.  Unfortunately on a smallish vessel space is an issue so you often end up with a tiny accumulator hidden away in the most inaccessible place on the boat.  

I have wondered if using flexible piping throughout would give the "damping" effect of an accumulator.

8 minutes ago, bizzard said:

They are brilliant and are making a bit of a comeback.   Instantaneous hot water, what else can do that and as cheaply.

Yep, wouldn't have anything else. 

I think there used to be an issue with pressure switches on water pumps which is why my old tub still has one of those "Square D" switches but I think the modern pumps are quite happy with instant water heaters now.  Modern thermostatic shower mixers that work at very low pressures have also removed another impediment to an instant heater. 

3 hours ago, bizzard said:

Instantaneous gas hot water heaters are not keen on accumulators. The slightly fluctuating water pressure can tend to make the flame blow out and back in and out and in, and out and in.

An accumulator properly set up helps my Morco work better. The pulsing of the pump without an accumulator really b****rs up the diaphragm action.