Electric set up advice

Peppers

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Are we going somewhere nice?

Wer'e all going on a Summer Holiday, we were planning to go yesterday, but, for some reason Mr Smelly didn't come & pick us up

We're going where the sun shines brightly
We're going where the Cut is blue.
We've all seen it on 'Barging About',
Now let's see if it's true.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Haha 2

While we are talking audio systems pop groups etc what is the thinking about having  an on board built in diesel gen set ( a quiet one obviously)  , I would love to ask about batteries but having read numerous articles in numerous places including last months WW   I just don't have the courage.

Edited by Errant Ewart

36 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

While we are talking audio systems pop groups etc what is the thinking about having  an on board built in diesel gen set ( a quiet one obviously)  , I would love to ask about batteries but having read numerous articles in numerous places including last months WW   I just don't have the courage.

You should be ok as long as you dont mention Smartgauges.

37 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

what is the thinking about having  an on board built in diesel gen set ( a quiet one obviously) 

If you have the space, the budget (some of them are over ten grand) and no shoreline they are the right answer.

If you have not got the space or the budget you can't have one!

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

If you have the space, the budget (some of them are over ten grand) and no shoreline they are the right answer.

If you have not got the space or the budget you can't have one!

I would love to have one and always did on our previous boat....but £10K is a stretch too far.

40 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

I would love to ask about batteries but having read numerous articles in numerous places including last months WW   I just don't have the courage.

Don't be daft, you don't ASK about batteries on here, you TELL about batteries.

What their names are, how they like a warm drink and a blanket before bedtime, where they are going on their holidays etc.

43 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

what is the thinking about having  an on board built in diesel gen set

If you don’t have regular access to a shoreline and if you have the space to fit one and the funds to afford one then it makes little sense to not have one. 

Oh, Mr HobNob said the same ;)

45 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

I would love to ask about batteries

They’re rectangular things wot hold charge. 

Dirt cheap ones won’t last even if well looked after. 

Mid quality ones will last a couple of years for a liveaboard if well looked after. The problem is always discerning the difference between these and the dirt cheap ones (price isn’t always a good indicator). 

Expensive ones will last many years but only if well cared for. 

22 minutes ago, Errant Ewart said:

Thank you already and for anything else posted in future I have got so far 

1.  YES 
  2. START SAVING
  3. GET BIGGER BOAT

Electrical energy seems a topic only just behind toilets in the NB panapy of infamy  

Toilets are simple. Get a cassette. 

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Or be an environmentally friendly early adopter and get a bucket with a fan, (AKA Composting) keep the proceeds under your bed for 6 months and look at them every night.

Be sure to make regular contributions and take a healthy interest in your increasing balance.Don't underestimate the power of compounding too.

I started saving 20 years ago.Result,i'm now surrounded by sh*t I don't need.

Edited by rusty69

19 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

You need the electric to be behind the toilet with some of them :giggles:

The plasma conduit runs behind our toilet but the nearest electrical wiring is at least 2 foot away so not a problem in our boat.

7 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

The plasma conduit runs behind our toilet but the nearest electrical wiring is at least 2 foot away so not a problem in our boat.

Does the plasma conduit contain the dilithium toilet crystals,or are they contained in the toilet duck?