Aquavac request

silverlode

Featured Posts

In that case, anyone nearby have a mop and bucket I could borrow? I can't afford to buy one at the moment.

?

Surely an old towel would do, wring it out over the side and put it back in again! Or a sponge.

It may take a while but it would work

Edited by NickF

That's an idea, thanks Steve

That's exactly what happens to me. I need to sort out my windows really; that's where the rain gets in. That will have to wait though. I know it's not a huge problem - just don't like occasionally hearing water in the bilge! I guess I'll just get used to it smile.png

Back in post 14 you said you had sorted your leaky windows, have they started again.

Neil

Sorry just read the bit about the duct tape, You could try a bead of silicone around them for now.

Neil

Edited by Neil Smith

A dustpan is good for scooping water out of bilges. Worth a try if you have one.

Or a chopped off plastic milk bottle, the oblong shaped ones with a handle moulded into the side

He's got Vetus water lubed stern tube.

But he said "but it's fine to pump out greasy water from under the stern gland!"