My Last Contribution to Boating

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

I have now sold my boat and my life will head in another direction.

I did spend 8 days boating in early July on my last boat related project Dance on Water for those interested the video is now available on Youtube. We took 20 children on a boat trip for 8 days and during that time they learnt and put together a new dance routine that was performed at both The Lowry in Manchester and The Hippodrome on Birmingham. It took a great team to put this together not least being the volunteer skippers who steered the boats from Birmingham to Manchester.

On a personal note I have now sold my boat and for the foreseeable future will be basing myself in Greece where I and a friend have started a Charity to help Refugees who find themselves stuck in Greece.

http://www.refugeesupport.eu/

• Greenie 1

Sorry to hear that you are leaving the waterways, John, but pleased to hear of your ongoing efforts to ease the plight of refugees.

But who will cruise with Stan?

He will most probably manage better without a full time grump arround. In normal boating fashion seem to be lots of people about who are only to willing to give him help when needed, I might even offer to do the odd few days just to ensure I keep my hend in.

You are a thourghly sweet person and giving person. I wish you all the best on your next chapter in life.

smile.png

Thank you I am embarrassed now

When time allows I will be popping into the Forum but it is difficult to contribute to boating topics when not boating I think.

There's at least one respected long-term member who does just that. Don't be a stranger!

• Greenie 1

Good luck John. We only met once but respect, especially for your new venture. When you are ready, please post details of the charity. We have some very good Greek connections who may be wiling to help in some way.

Thanks for that a few links below

If you do Facebook Refugee Support Page >> https://www.facebook.com/RefugeeSupportGreece/

My own Facebook >>https://www.facebook.com/john.sloan.39

Website >>> http://www.refugeesupport.eu/

My email >>>>sloan.john@yahoo.co.uk

Hi John, I wish you all the success and all the support you need to help the poor refugees that are stuck in Greece.

I'm sure that you will put all your time and energy in this Charity and that you will be a much needed help for them.

All the very best,

Peter.

John, I wish you all the very best for this new chapter in your life. I admire you hugely for getting stuck in to help these poor, desperate people.

We have enjoyed your many interesting posts on here over the years and it was good to meet you in Birmingham. At least let us know how things are working out now and then.

Good luck John in your new endeavours.

You lasted on the waterways longer than perhaps you yourself expected I think. You may not remember but when we were looking way back in 2009/10 I remember your post saying 'I may be selling my boat soon' or similar.

We had some pretty feisty exchanges on here since too but I think we did find some common ground on some issues, notably the issue of the current refugee crisis and the fall out from it.

Good on you for doing something practical.

I'm so sad to see you leave the waterways, John, but it's for the best of reasons. Time moves onwards for us all and new paths open. I'll be watching your progress with interest. Bon chance and wish for a fair wind for you.

Edited by wrigglefingers

Good luck John in your new endeavours.

You lasted on the waterways longer than perhaps you yourself expected I think. You may not remember but when we were looking way back in 2009/10 I remember your post saying 'I may be selling my boat soon' or similar.

We had some pretty feisty exchanges on here since too but I think we did find some common ground on some issues, notably the issue of the current refugee crisis and the fall out from it.

Good on you for doing something practical.

I often thought about selling my boat. When I originally bought it I was only ever going to be boating for 2 years, I lasted 10. The problem was whenever I thought about selling it before I was never quite sure what I was going to do so kept going, I guess now I have found something to do.

Yes I have had feisty exchanges with you and many others, I have always enjoyed debate but it was never personal just simply different views.