42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

I think I may be responsible for getting Max to start thinking costs.

I did suggest, and only suggest, that you could paint with Dulux paint to avoid expenditure of marine paints. This obviously guidedMax towards Blacking.

Easy to touch up following all the swing bridge and locks to be negotiated in the near future.

Max, leave gaps where the windows are!!!

I hope that this useful advise didn't come too late help.gif

Peter.

I think I may be responsible for getting Max to start thinking costs.

I did suggest, and only suggest, that you could paint with Dulux paint to avoid expenditure of marine paints. This obviously guidedMax towards Blacking.

Easy to touch up following all the swing bridge and locks to be negotiated in the near future.

Max, leave gaps where the windows are!!!

This reminds me of an incident many years ago when we were renovating a house. Boss told the labourer to paint the living room. Labourer asked which bits to paint. Boss bad-temperedly said EVERYTHING. Paint EVERTHING.

So he did. Walls, ceiling, windows including the glass, and the floor including carpet.

I've left some gaps on the windows :) not all the paint dribbled on them.... and onto my glasses, phone, keys, head phones, cup....my boat has a partial Afro (stupid steps)

Boats still sticky, bought a bigger hammer and saw so I can have a bed. After dismantling bunk beds (hitting with hammer and speaking French) still never had enough length so I will have to Mcguyver it. Not heard back about getting the pipes sorted yet, I don't think they can handle the awesomeness of my stealthy boat.

I noticed that the more bitumen paint I poured into the boat, the more colours I can see and taste :)

Just a bit more painting and a bit more hitting things with a hammer then the easy work begins :)

Still creeped out by all the body parts I find stuck to it in the morning :(

• Greenie 1

Hay Mr Nightwatch (AKA The Peeler) dumped the bedframe, flooring and most of the wardrobe in the bin area. That room looks much bigger, going to try and remove the draws as they are knackerd.

Bits of the boat are drying out, but not the bits that I touch or kind boaters who come on board to help me out which is embarrassing. I do warn people beforehand and they are amazed by my paint work (and patterns it has).

Things to do tomorrow

1. Rip out draws

2. Sweep and scrub bedroom

3. Varnish the windows

4. Carpet, Lino or carpet tile floor

5. Pick up bed

6. Bizzie Lizzie 1/2 pound cheese burger

7. Build bed, wrestle duvet

8. Throw blinds up

9. Collapse

Should finish painting the boat on Friday. I'll park out of town

And pour the rest of the paint on :)

I have some green and red paint so I'll try to find a space for it.

No leaks from the roof which is blooming fantastic!

The boat surface is a bit like a hammerite paint surface (if zoomed in and

Repeatedly slapped with a radish)

Also got that burglar paint which I will stick were the spiders hide.

QCat will have a great location to watch the ducks and canal bank bounce off the boat ;)

Pics on Instagram on Saturday in no particular order :)

Also got that burglar paint which I will stick were the spiders hide.

QCat will have a great location to watch the ducks and canal bank bounce off the boat wink.png

If sticky paint keeps spiders away then I might have to paint my boat that way - my youngest would be very grateful as apparently my boat has rare human eating spiders on board that the spider eating cat is only just keeping on top of.

I really need to make sure my youngest never reads this thread - you are not alone Miss Max, others hate / fear spiders as well. I have to admit though that having dashed next door to remove said 'human eating spider' I do wonder how on earth something the size of a 50p piece would cope!

Edited by Trillian

Cat had a daddy long leg dangling out of its mouth last night. I ran away ( very bravely)

I see a lot of members are wanting there boats painted with bitumen while they sleep. I'll see what I can do ( bunch of spider lovers Grrr)

Once your cat gets the taste for spiders all your problems will be solved, happy cat with indoor hunting ground and spider free boat. Our cat struggled to keep up in the early days but has just about got the situation under control and my boat is pretty much spider free now. My husbands boat on the other hand seems to have become a sanctuary for them <sigh>

imagine so many people being scared of cute lil arachnids. They get rid of flies and rarely eat people so leave them alone

I am equally amazed but I know a lot of it is learned. My 2 daughters were not afraid of any creepy crawly until they went to school. Soon after they seemed to absorb from class mates and possibly staff that spiders were something to be afraid of and not to be liked.

With regard to rarely eating people they generally can't manage a whole one at a single sitting so leave some for later.

Once your cat gets the taste for spiders all your problems will be solved, happy cat with indoor hunting ground and spider free boat. Our cat struggled to keep up in the early days but has just about got the situation under control and my boat is pretty much spider free now. My husbands boat on the other hand seems to have become a sanctuary for them <sigh>

Spiders apparently favour a dry boat.